Total tour distance: 15 miles
Daily tour distance: 15 miles
Difficulty: 40 / 100
Immerse yourself in the beauty of Byron Bay's Rainforests on this eco-certified tour. Ride through a range of fire trails and backcountry single tracks, exhilarating downhills and log jumps. This adventure takes place amid lush, subtropical rainforests, complemented by ancient volcanic terrain in the World Heritage listed Nightcap National Park in the hinterland of Byron Bay.
Start your ride by viewing beautiful Minyon Falls before commencing your two-wheel adventure listening to the sounds of parrots and kookaburras. If you are lucky, you may see a scurrying goanna, a bush turkey or even a koala! The ride can change daily, but it includes a combination of fire trails and single tracks, weaving through the national park. We'll stop for a snack and photos, absorbing the beautiful scenery before a descent and a good climb.
The ride finishes at a swimming hole at the crest of Minyon Falls, where we'll enjoy a locally sourced picnic lunch. We stop for some delectable homemade ice-cream, on the way back to Byron Bay.
Location: World Heritage listed Nightcap National Park
Pick-up: 9.00am (NSW not QLD time)
Schedule: Any day of the week with a minimum of 4 people (your booking and others can make up the 4)
Duration: The pace of this 6.5 hour tour is group dependent; we ride for about 3 hours, covering between 12 and 25 kms, and return to Byron Bay by 3:30pm
Group size: Minimum of 4 and maximum of 10 (or 15 with prior discussion)
Skill level: All levels; all you need is a sense of adventure!
Tour Price: $125 (Adult) / $99 (Under 15)
*Price is per person, inc GST and is in Australian Dollars
Private tours and group booking discounts are available on request
- A professional, highly qualified and passionate guide
- Superior quality front-suspension, disc brake mountain bike
- Australian Standards approved cycling helmet
- Homemade snacks and water
- Locally sourced picnic lunch
- Swimming and cooling off at waterholes
- Homemade ice cream on the way back to Byron Bay
- Entrance fees to Nightcap National Park
- Donation towards the regeneration and protection of rainforests through our charity, Rainforest Rescue
- Return transportation to Byron Bay
What to wear/bring?
We suggest bringing a small backpack to carry all your personal items (this can stay in our vehicle you do not need to ride with it):
- Cool and comfortable riding clothes
- Closed-toe shoes (sneakers/trainers are fine)
- Camera (to capture the amazing memories)
- Sunglasses and sunscreen
- Refillable water bottle (if you don't want to use ours)
- Bathers/swimmers and towel (for the waterhole swim at lunch)
- Change of clothes if the weather is wet
- Your adventurous spirit and sense of fun