Total tour distance: 310 miles
Daily tour distance: 45 miles
Difficulty: 50 / 100
Every year there is a mass ride in Victoria, Australia called the Great Victorian Bike Ride. A wonderful 9 day event run by 'Bicycle Network' where a few thousand people get together and cycle some of the most beautiful parts of Victoria and Australia. The ride produces a real genuine community spirit and is a real success story of Australian cycling.
The ride is designed as a camping holiday for the masses however we at AllTrails Bicycle Tours are the official provider of the Luxury Support and accommodation Package that runs alongside the event. We are there to support your personal challenge and endeavour on the ride. We make it as easy for you as possible with...
* Nightly Accommodation: Quality motels or B&Bs to help you rest easy after your day's ride for those that prefer not to camp with the crowds.
* Luggage Transfer: Directly between motels each day. Carefully handled in of our vehicles. No extra charge.
* Massage: Trained massage therapists are available at no charge after each day's ride to work on those tired legs to get you ready for the next day.
* Private Bike Mechanic: Not just for repairs! Tune-ups, bike-fittings, hints and tips about your cycling and your bicycle. No charge for general servicing.
* Small Group Intimacy: All the benefits of the big event, but still part of an intimate group. Many of our riders have made friends for life on these rides.
* Good Old Fashioned Service: Phil, Susan, Ben and the crew really do look after you! That's why 75% of places each year are taken by past clients.
2014 route Highlights:
* Climbing Tawonga Gap and Powers Lookout (panoramic views a welcome reward)
* Rest Day in picturesque Mansfield
* The famous stretch of road, Black Spur Drive, outside Healesville
* Alpine Country through Yackandandah, Bright, Myrtleford, Moyhu
* Finish in Lilydale
*Accom and group farewell dinner at the exclusive RACV Healesville Country Club on the final night
Combined with our full accom package with luggage transfer, massage, friendship and comfy beds, you will enjoy your week even more!
More about the AllTrails Luxury Package
Our package has been operating successfully with the Great Vic Bike Ride since 2005. The 'Great Vic' is a cycling holiday with anywhere from three to five thousand riders who camp every night during the ride. For those who prefer not to camp and would like to be part of a more intimate group, we organise a luxury package for around 50-100 cyclists which really becomes a 'ride within a ride'. Such is the enjoyment that the cyclists get from being a part of the package that up to 75% of our places each year are taken by past clients.
If this sounds like you, then check out the Bicycle Network website and, of course, if you don't feel like pitching a tent at the end of the day and you feel that you may need to recover in a nice comfy bed each night, then that is where we step in... we have sourced some great accommodation in and around the tour towns to stay each night and, of course, our massage therapist and bike mechanic will be there to help get you over the line each day.