Total tour distance: 40 miles
Daily tour distance: 20 miles
Difficulty: 60 / 100
CarpatBike and Valea Verde resort invite you to a wonderful weekend break in the hilly area of South Eastern Transylvania where you will enjoy two wonderful cycling days mixed with an extraordinary truffle hunting experience and wine tasting (optional). Our cycling tour will take you to the wonderful fortified churches of Malancrav or Biertan (included in UNESCO World Heritage) and will immerse you in the history, the culture and the traditions of Medieval Transylvania.
With our dear friend „Jacob“ Artinian, the leading experts in Transylvanian Truffles, we proudly Truffle Hunt Weekends in Cund! Transylvania is becoming more and more renown for its huge amounts and excellent quality of Truffles, which Michelin Star Chefs rate first class. As truffles are expensive, truffle hunting became a most secretive job. During our Truffle Hunting Weekend you will gain insight in the secretive process of truffle hunting and sample Truffles during a special five course dinner on Saturday night.
• Truffle Hunt experience on Saturday morning
• ~60 Km by bike in 2 days
• Wine tasting (optional)
• Visit to the old fortified churches of Medias and Mosna
• Full support and assistance
• 2 days to discover part of the culture and traditions of Medieval Transylvania
Duration: 3 days and 2 nights
Distance: 60 km by bike
Difficulty: easy and moderate
Elevation: 700 m
Terrain: The tour includes national, local, village and forest roads, varying from 30 to 50 km per day
Accommodation: beautifully restored medieval pensions with breakfast included
• The program requires a minimum of 5 people and a maximum of 15 participants; one guide will be provided for a group of up to 8 persons and 2 guides for more than 8 participants;
• Please note that the truffle hunting weekend will be organized with minimum 8 persons.
Price: from 595 EUR (including bike rental plus 60 EUR - single supplement
DAY BY DAY ITINERARY
Day 1: Get together in Cund
We will be meeting in the beautiful village of Cund after 6 pm, on Friday. To arrive in Cund, you have to travel from Sighisoara toward Medias. 20 km from Sighisoara you will reach Dumbraveni, where the most important Armenian community in Romania leaves.
From Dumbraveni we have to go 13 km along a beautiful hilly area to discover one of the most beautiful remote villages of Transylvania, Cund, a small village where the German community renovated the old houses, bringing 3-4* luxury life in this hidden part of the world. Accommodation in the renovated houses of Cund. Dinner at Valea Verde resort, with our German host.
Day 2: Truffle hunt and short cyling trip around Cund
Meeting in front of Valea Verde restaurant with our truffle hunter and head into the forest for the truffle hunt. During the hunt, Jacob and his team will be providing more background information as we follow their dogs, who will hopefully lead us to some truffles! After a few hours we will return for a light refreshment lunch to the Valea Verde.
After lunch we will be cycling from Cund to Viisoara for a short energy boost before an amazing five course truffle dinner that awaits us soon.
Day 3: From Cund to Medias
Cycling from Cund to Giacas, Alma, Darlos and then towards Curciu for some uphill adventure and then reach Greveln hostel from Medias for our final destination. The van will wait for us to load the bikes in Medias and return to Cund for our departure.
Alternatively we can shorten our trip and from Darlos we go to Valea Lunga and Paucea and from there the van will pick us up and bring us to Cund for a farewell lunch. After that it it is sadly time to say good bye.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
• 2 nights accommodation
• Full board for all period, including a five course dinner on Saturday night
• truffle hunt experience
• Trip plan, GPS map, physical map of the trip
• Bike, accessories and equipment rental (if required)
• Energizers & refreshment drinks Luggage transportation Vehicle Assistance (whenever roads allow it to pass)
• English/ French/ German speaking accompanying bike guide
• Branded t-shirts and souvenirs
• Airfare/train cost
• Alcoholic drinks
• Extra charges for laundry telephone or fax charges, room service, etc.
• Transfer cost from Bucharest to Cund and back to Bucharest
• Individual travel Insurance or insurance waiver form (compulsory in order to be accepted for the tour, for foreign tourists)
• Additional local guides, if required
• Single room supplement
• All the other conditions are presented in the “Terms and conditions” document