Total tour distance: 90 miles
Daily tour distance: 22 miles
Difficulty: 50 / 100
Maramures, a beautiful region in Romania, is celebrated for its rich cultural heritage and traditional villages. One of the area's main attractions is its wooden churches, remnants of Maramureș's renowned wooden architecture. The UNESCO World Heritage Lista recognizes seven churches, including the tallest wooden church in the world in Surdesti.
Maramures is also well-known for its skilled artisans, particularly woodcarvers and potters, who create exquisite, handcrafted items. Visitors can observe their artistry firsthand during a visit to Bârsana and Săcel.
To conclude the trip, travellers can embark on a scenic journey through the lush forests of the Wasser Valley on the Mocănița, a steam-powered train. With so many outstanding features, Maramureș offers an unforgettable experience you won't want to miss and can enjoy from the saddle.
- Wooden Churches of Maramureș, including 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Incredibly views of the Gutin Mountains
- Meet with local artisans, woodcarvers, potters
- Traditional carved wooden gates
- Mouthwatering meals with locals
- Orthodox monasteries
- Mocănița steam train through the Wasser Valley
- Merry Cemetery în Săpânța
- accommodation for 5 nights in guesthouses;
- meals (5 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 5 dinners);
- bike rentals and helmets;
- luggage transportation;
- entrance fees;
- English/German speaking local guide.
- your flight;
- airport transfer;
- personal expenses.