Total tour distance: 170 miles
Daily tour distance: 37 miles
Difficulty: 40 / 100
We invite you to explore historical Transylvania by Bike, a magical place where you can relive habits from long established cultures that you have only read about, hear the music of life and taste its grandoars, give joy to all of your senses and let them lead you towards new discoveries…
Slowly passing through the heart of Transylvania your spirit will be enriched with all the natural wonders that guard this magical place:
– Feel the wind touching while passing through 500 years old oak forests
– Spot the wild life around you: deers, eagles, wild rabbits
– Hear the birds chirping
– Enjoy herds of sheeps and watch the shepherds guarding them in contempt
– Embalm your senses with the aromas of fresh cut grass, still being mowed the old fashion way
– Explore Church Fortresses builded since 1200 – Acknowledge how life goes by in villages untouched by time & meet local craftsmen
– Feel the energy of people that are keeping their traditions in working the field, helped by horses plowing the land, and the people spreading the seeds with bare hands, harvesting the golden fields of wheat and almost taste the sweetness of the grapes in their hands
– Taste fresh ripe organic tomatoes and other fruits and vegetables that are cultivated by locals
– Drink organic fresh milk
……and many others!
On this tour you will get along the Carpathian Mountains which offer spectacular views, visit some of the most attractive touristic locations in Romania, such as:
Medieval city of Brasov
Bran Castle – known as “Dracula’s Castle”
Sighisoara – the biggest inhabited Fortress in eastern Europe – the birthplace of Vlad the Impaler aka Dracula
German/Saxon fortified churches established hundreds of years ago
The European Capital of Culture in 2007 – the Medieval City of Sibiu
These are some of the objectives you will see along this tour.
But most of all you will find time for self-introspection and gratitude. We have such a wonderful planet with so beautiful people and places that are there to be discovered.
Discover the tiny piece of this planet that completes the puzzle – Explore Transylvania by Bike!
Day 1 – Sibiu – full day ( museums, parks, historical city, delicious food )
Day 2 – Sibiu ( Daia ) – Richis ( 48 km km )
Day 3 – Richis – Sighisoara ( 40.6 km )
Day 4 – Sighisoara – Retis – Viscri ( 66km ) ( de gasit scurtatura )
Day 5 – Viscri – Ventia de jos – Sinca Veche ( 57 km )
Day 6 – Sinca Veche – Zarnesti – Castelul Bran ( 39 km )
Day 7 – Castelul Bran – Poiana Brasov – Brasov 38 km cu urcare de
– Castelul Bran – Cristian – Brasov 30 km
Day 8 – Brasov – full day – untill 17h – returning to Sibiu by car or continue on your own.
7-night lodging in 3 and 4-star hotels and guest houses – all rooms with private facilities
All food that you need is included: 8 savurous breakfasts and dinners. Also snacks that include energy bars, natural energy drinks are included.
80% of food will be organic food or home made products from this region.
Bike Rentals & Equipment
- treking bike – with 21 / 24 speeds, front suspension, bike bags included, comfortable seat, lights & more
- bike tool kit that includes repair supplies, pump, lock chain, spare tires is in our concern .
Extra equipment that will be provided includes: binocular for bird watching, a DSLR Camera for making memories, usb charging device powered by bike.
All are included in the initial payment.
Our company will offer you transfer from Sibiu International Airport to the city and at the end of the tour from Brasov to Sibiu International Airport. No extra charges!
Taking a tour in Transylvania will not only be in your benefit, but also you will help communities to grow in a sustainable way.
This type of eco-toursim gives the opportunity to people from small communities to sell their products and services so they can keep on surviving in a fast changing world that puts accent on serial products.
You will help small farmers, vegetables eco-producers and also heritage associations.
Please note that in the price that you are paying are also included fees / donations for visiting monuments, museums and churches, besides accommodation, food, bike rentals and guidance.
Visit Transylvania-by-Bike website
Is this your listing? Log in to edit.