Total tour distance: 30 miles
Daily tour distance: 30 miles
Difficulty: 60 / 100
CarpatBike is happy to invite you for a bike ride in the wine land Dealu Mare in order to combine the beauty of wine tasting and experience local culture in a healthy and active way: on the bicycle.
Your experience will include:
- 40 km ride on the hills of Dealu Mare area
- Visits to some interesting sights such as Bellu manor, Jercălăi and Vărbila monasteries, Crama 1777 Winery museum
- A visit to the S.E.R.V.E. and Rotenberg wineries fro Ceptura including tour through the vineyards, wine wine tasting and a selection of Romanian cheeses and cold cuts
- Joy and a good wine
The wine region Dealu Mare (“Big hill”) is one of the most famous and oldest wine-growing districts in Romania and said to be the Tuscany of Romania.
Crama 1777 - a reconstructed 18th century wine cellar, turned into a museum presenting the local wine-growing and wine making tradition of Valea Calugareasca region.
S.E.R.V.E - famous winery and well known for its collections Vinul Cavalerului, Tarra Romana, Cuvee Charlotte and Cuvee Amaury.
Rotenberg - considered to produce one of the best Merlot from Romania, famous brands are Rapsod Merlot Notorius, Emeritus, Menestrel.
Bellu Manor in Urlati, the 19th century manor house of the noted Bellu family, now arranged as a museum presenting the eclectic Bellu family art collection.
- Duration 9 hours
- Distance 40-50 km
- Difficulty moderate
- Elevation 500 m
- Terrain mostly paved
- Accommodation - not the case
- Group size • 8-15 persons
- Price 70 EUR