Total tour distance: 320 miles
Daily tour distance: 31 miles
Difficulty: 50 / 100
Spend nine nights under the spell of the ancient Moors in this timeless countryside of wildflowers, olive trees and ancient whitewashed villages. Seductive Flamenco, flowered patios, twisting 'old town' alleyways and magnificent cathedrals and palaces highlight our stays along the way. We'll visit the timeless monuments to the Moor's magnificent culture including the breathtaking medieval mosque in Córdoba and the ethereal Alhambra Palace in Granada.
Accommodation includes comfortable 4-star hotels, a monastery, a palace and a charming family run hotel in a tiny whitewashed Andalusian village. Note: The tour in April takes in Semana Santa (Holy Week) celebrated like no where else in the world. A dramatic combination of the sacred and profane - Andalucía at its most colorful. May is the traditional Fiesta month in Andalucía so that tour takes in the Fiesta de los Patios in Córdoba where all of the houses in Córdoba's old center vie for the most beautiful patio!
Our Highlights Include:
- Ride Washington Irving’s trail through the old Moorish towns of Al-Andalus.
- Taste the scrumptious tapas that have made the nation famous.
- Wander the medieval streets of Cordoba and stroll through its ancient Mosque with its endless maze of marble and jasper pillars.
- Feel the vibrancy and see color of a genuine peña Flamenco.
- Visit one of the worlds most famous olive oil mills – every bottle is numbered!
- Visit the breathtakingly exquisite Alhambra palace - home of Spain’s last Moorish caliphate.