Total tour distance: 203 miles
Daily tour distance: 41 miles
Difficulty: 60 / 100
Starting south of Lisbon, you will ride to a winery where you will learn about the famous Moscatel wine and also taste it. Then you will enter one of the lushest areas south of Lisbon - the Natural Park of Arrabida. On one side of the park, you'll admire beautiful Mediterranean landscapes and at the other side, the gorgeous coast with accessible beaches where the fine sand and clear sea waters provide a strong contrast of unusual colours. You will ride along the coast and after crossing the Sado river you’ll reach Troia, and then the place where the Natural Park of SW Alentejo and Vicentine Coast begins. It extends itself along the Portuguese coast and is bordered by the Atlantic Ocean.
This SW landscape is 300 million years old and it is one of the most preserved landscapes all over Europe; human intervention is less visible throughout the area’s long history. Once submerged (about 2 million years ago), this is a vast area with many different coastal habitats and countless beaches and cliffs. Daily tours include going to the wonderful beaches of this Natural Park and taking a swim in the limpid and clear sea. Numerous cliffs and isolated islets complete this beautiful and unique scenery. This area boasts a diversity of rare botanical species, with very interesting flora and a variety of maritime birds that nest here. Cape S. Vicente is a passing area for thousands of birds of prey.
This tour also goes to the south-westernmost point in continental Europe, the place from where our brave forefathers sailed on their caravels seeking new peoples and continents. Finally, you have the opportunity to visit some of the beaches of our famous Algarve and the cosmopolitan city of Lagos. This is one of the oldest towns in the Algarve. You can still see evidence of the wall surrounding the town for protection.
1. The amazing blue coast of Natural Park of Arrábida
2. Crossing the river Sado
3. The Natural Park of SW Alentejo and Vicentine Coast
4. Stunning landscapes of Alentejo beaches
5. Tasty fresh fish of the Atlantic Coast
6. Visit to the winery and wine tasting
7. The cosmopolitan and oldest town in the Algarve
8. The south-westernmost town of Continental Europe
9. Paradise-like beaches and the beautiful coast of Algarve
10. The birds and the sunset over the Atlantic Ocean
THE PRICE INCLUDES (Self-Guided tour version):
- 7-day Road Bike Tour with a Guide (*)
- Transfers from and to Lisbon Airport
- Accommodations (6 nights): 5 four*-Hotels (one Hotel & SPA front to the ocean, one 19th century Mansion, one charming Hotel, one Design Hotel front to the ocean and one cosy Hotel), 1 B&B/Rural Tourism. Double bedroom occupancy.
- 6 Breakfasts
- 6 Dinners (including our famous wines, our amazing cheeses and lovely desserts) (*)
- Daily energy-bars and water (*)
- Luggage transport from Hotel to Hotel
- Documentation about PortugalBike Tour
- Liability Insurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Techno-Mechanical Assistance (*)
- First-Aid assistance on location (*)
- Permanent Backup Vehicle (*)
- Visit to the winery and wine tasting (*)
(*) Not included in Self-Guided Tours
Ask us the prices for the Guided Tour version.
Please contact us for more information. Thank you.