Total tour distance: 148 miles
Daily tour distance: 30 miles
Difficulty: 50 / 100
SW Alentejo and Vicentine Coast Natural Park extends itself along the Portuguese coast and is bordered by the Atlantic Ocean. This SW landscape is 300 million years old and it is one of the most preserved landscapes all over Europe; human intervention has been less visible throughout its history. Once submerged (about 2 million years ago), this is a vast area with many different coastal habitats and countless beaches and cliffs. Our daily tours include going to the wonderful beaches of this Natural Park and taking a swim in the clear, blue sea. Cliffs are steep, almost 100m high and right above the ocean. Countless rocks and isolated islets complete this beautiful and unique scenery. This area boasts a diversity of rare botanical species, with very interesting flora and a variety of maritime birds that nest here.
Riding along the trails of these cliffs that belong to this Natural Park, admiring the unique views of the blue ocean and feel the fresh wind in your face is one of the most fantastic feelings that any person can have. In the extreme south point of this tour you will find Cape S. Vicente. This is the south-westernmost point in continental Europe and a passing area for thousands of birds of prey.
The tour also goes to Sagres, which is the place from where our brave forefathers sailed on their caravels seeking new peoples and continents. Finally, you will visit some of the beaches of our famous Algarve including the cosmopolitan city of Lagos. This is one of the oldest towns in Algarve. We can still see evidence of the wall surrounding the town for protection. Lagos also has an old fort and its former Slave Market is now an art gallery.
1. The Natural Park of SW Alentejo and Vicentine Coast
2. The most preserved coast all over Europe
3. Tasty fresh fish of the Atlantic Coast
4. Vast fields of vegetable crops
5. The beautiful cliffs of Vicentine Coast
6. The limpid and clear water of the sea
7. Cape S. Vicente - the birds and the sunset into the Atlantic Ocean
8. Sagres - the south-westernmost point of Continental Europe
9. The gorgeous beaches and beautiful coast of the Algarve region
10. Lagos - the cosmopolitan and the oldest town in the Algarve
THE PRICE INCLUDES (only for Self-Guided tour version):
- 7-day Hybrid Bike Tour with a Guide (*)
- Transfers from and to Lisbon Airport
- Accommodations (6 nights): 3 four* Hotels (one charming Hotel, one Design Hotel front to the beach, one cosy Hotel), 3 B&B/Rural Tourism. Double bedroom occupancy.
- 6 Breakfasts
- 6 Dinners (including our famous wines, our amazing cheeses and lovely desserts) (*)
- Daily energy-bars and water (*)
- Luggage transport from Hotel to Hotel
- Documentation about PortugalBike Tour
- Liability Insurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Techno-Mechanical Assistance (*)
- First-Aid assistance on location (*)
- Permanent Backup Vehicle (*)
(*) Not included in Self-Guided Tours
As us the prices for Guided tour version.
Please contact us for more information. Thank you.
Visit PortugalBike website
Is this your listing? Log in to edit.