Total tour distance: 175 miles
Daily tour distance: 35 miles
Difficulty: 60 / 100
You will start your tour in Marvão, a small medieval town on the top of the hill, surrounded by walls and with a majestic castle that defended this small town from the Spanish people many times. There you can admire a spectacular view and then ride down along a medieval narrow road with ancient stone walls.
You will climb to a little chapel on the top of a hill where there is an amazing view over a beautiful medieval town and its rows of whitewashed houses. You will ride along narrow roads, either sided by cork trees or stone walls and now you will get to a beautiful town in Alentejo located in the cool mountains of the Natural Park of São Mamede, among dense olive groves and chestnut trees. The town is full of monuments, fountains and ancient houses. You will see medieval monuments, dozens of churches, enchanting alleys and some of the best Gothic porticos in Portugal.
Then you will cycle to a typical border town with its castle, again surrounded by walls. It also has a star-shaped fort, several churches, a monumental Aqueduct, a unique pillory dating back to the 16th century and many interesting details.
The ride continues to the capital of marble, where you can visit the Museum of Marble and learn how this industry began. You will visit a town which is one of the most traditional wine regions in Portugal. You can visit a vineyard and taste the world famous Alentejo wine. On the next day you will visit a town which is famous for its rugs.
This PortugalBike Tour ends in Évora, a wonderful walled town with many Roman vestiges, medieval churches and buildings, fountains, the aqueduct, charming streets, etc. Évora is a city classified as World Heritage by UNESCO.
1. A beautiful medieval town and its castle.
2. Narrow roads rounded with old stones
3. The Natural Park landscape of S. Mamede Hills
4. Majestic Marvão Castle from the top
5. Visit to the Marble Museum
6. Visit to the winery and wine tasting
7. A small town famous for its tapestries
8. Fields of Cork trees, Olive trees and vineyards
9. Évora city - classified as World Heritage by UNESCO
10. The amazing landscape in Alentejo and the charming accommodations
THE PRICE INCLUDES (Self-Guided Tour version):
- 7-day Road Bike Tour with a Guide (*)
- Transfers from and to Lisbon Airport
- Accommodations (6 nights): 1 five* Design Hotel, 1 Pousada (16th century Convent), 2 four* Historic Hotels (one 12th century Convent and one 17th century Convent), 1 three* charming Hotel within a fortress, one 18th century Manour House. Double bedroom occupancy.
- 6 Breakfasts
- 4 nourishing and energetic picnics (*)
- 6 Dinners (including our famous wines, our amazing cheeses and lovely desserts) (*)
- Daily energy-bars and water (*)
- Luggage transport from Hotel to Hotel
- Documentation about PortugalBike Tour
- Personal Accident Insurance and Liability Insurance.
- First-Aid assistance on location (*)
- Techno-Mechanical Assistance (*)
- Permanent Backup Vehicle (*)
- Visit to Marble Museum (*)
- Visit to the Winery and wine tasting (*)
(*) Not included in Self-Guided Tours
Ask us the prices for Guided Tour version.
Please contact us for more information. Thank you.