Total tour distance: 134 miles
Daily tour distance: 27 miles
Difficulty: 40 / 100
This is a landscape tour that takes place along the south coast of Portugal. You will start in Sagres, which is the place from where our brave forefathers sailed on their caravels seeking new peoples and continents. Cape S. Vicente is the start point, the south-westernmost point in Continental Europe – the place where the land ends and the sea begins. And you will always ride eastwards towards the Spanish border.
You will visit some of the beaches of our famous Algarve including the cosmopolitan city of Lagos. This is one of the oldest towns in the Algarve. We can still see evidence of the wall surrounding the town for protection. Lagos also has an old fort and its former Slave Market is now an art gallery. You will ride along the world-famous Algarve coast where you can see some amazing Golf resorts and very beautiful beaches.
You will visit Albufeira and Vilamoura, very fancy touristic places, the old quarters in Faro (the city capital of the Algarve), the typical city of Tavira with Moorish influence with its countless buildings and monuments and the amazing Roman bridge over Gilão river in the historic centre. You will ride along the Natural Park of Ria Formosa, a lagoon system that extends itself over 60km of coast and which is a passing area for the migrating fauna from Europe to North of Africa and it is also the “winter resort” for many birds from North and Central Europe.
The tour ends in Tavira, a town that still manages to maintain its traditions.
You will notice the differences along the Algarve region: the centre is very developed for tourism and the west and the east still maintain many evidences of the old Portuguese ways and traditions.
1. Thousands of orange trees in the fields
2. Ria Formosa, sand and water paradise for birds
3. Tasty fresh fish of the Atlantic Coast
4. Vast fields of vegetable crops
5. Tavira – the most typical town in the Algarve
6. The limpid and clear water of the sea and the birds
7. Cape S. Vicente - the birds and the sunset into the Atlantic Ocean
8. Sagres - the south-westernmost point of Continental Europe
9. The gorgeous beaches and beautiful coast of the Algarve region
10. Lagos - the cosmopolitan and the oldest town in the Algarve
THE PRICE INCLUDES:
- 7-day Hybrid Bike Tour with a Guide (*)
- Transfers from and to Faro Airport
- Accommodations (6 nights): 6 four* Hotels (three Hotels front to the ocean and three cosy Hotels). Double bedroom occupancy.
- 6 Breakfasts
- 6 Dinners (including our famous wines, our amazing cheeses and lovely desserts) (*)
- Daily energy-bars and water (*)
- Luggage transport from Hotel to Hotel
- Documentation about PortugalBike Tour
- Liability Insurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Techno-Mechanical Assistance (*)
- First-Aid assistance on location (*)
- Permanent Backup Vehicle (*)
(*) Not included in Self-Guided Tours
Ask us the prices for the Guided Tour version.
Please contact us for more information. Thank you.