Total tour distance: 132 miles
Daily tour distance: 33 miles
Difficulty: 70 / 100
This tour starts in SW Alentejo and Vicentine Coast Natural Park which extends itself along the Portuguese coast and is bordered by the Atlantic Ocean. This SW landscape is 300 million years old and it is one of the most preserved landscapes all over Europe; human intervention has been less visible throughout its history. Once submerged (about 2 million years ago), this is a vast area with many different coastal habitats and countless beaches and cliffs.
Our daily tours include going to the wonderful beaches of this Natural Park and taking a swim in the clear, blue sea. Cliffs are steep, almost 100m high and right above the ocean. Countless rocks and isolated islets complete this beautiful and unique scenery. You will feel alone within Nature in a Mediterranean environment. The west coast boasts a diversity of rare botanical species, with very interesting flora and a variety of maritime birds that nest here. Cape S. Vicente is a passing area for thousands of birds of prey.
The tour also goes to Sagres, which is the south-westernmost point in continental Europe, the place from where our brave forefathers sailed on their caravels seeking new peoples and continents.
Finally, you will visit some of the beaches of our famous Algarve including the cosmopolitan city of Lagos. This is one of the oldest towns in Algarve. We can still see evidence of the wall surrounding the town for protection. Lagos also has an old fort and its former Slave Market is now an art gallery.
1. The National Park of SW Alentejo and Vicentine Coast
2. The most preserved coast all over Europe
3. The amazing storks' nests on the cliffs
4. Vast fields of vegetable crops
5. The typical white-washed houses
6. Cape S. Vicente - the south-westernmost point of Continental Europe
7. The south-westernmost town of Continental Europe
8. The gorgeous beaches and the beautiful coast of the Algarve region
9. The amazing single-tracks near the cliffs
10. Cycling on the beautiful trails
THE PRICE INCLUDES (for Self-Guided Tour version):
- 6-day Mountain Bike Tour with a Guide (*)
- Transfers from and to Lisbon Airport
- Accommodations (5 nights): 2 four* Hotels (1 Design Hotel, 1 cosy Hotel), 3 B&B/Rural Tourism. Double bedroom occupancy.
- 5 Breakfasts
- 5 Dinners (including our famous wines, our amazing cheeses and lovely desserts) (*)
- Daily energy-bars and water (*)
- Luggage transport from Hotel to Hotel
- Documentation about PortugalBike Tour
- Liability Insurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Techno-Mechanical Assistance (*)
- First-Aid assistance on location (*)
- Permanent Backup Vehicle (*)
(*) Not included in Self-Guided Tours
Ask us the prices for the Guided Tour version.
If you wish a different date, ask us for prices and availability.
Please contact us for more information. Thank you.