Total tour distance: 17 miles
Daily tour distance: 17 miles
Difficulty: 50 / 100
Enjoy a 6-hour cycle ride from central Rome towards the countryside and see the Appian Way from the saddle of a comfortable bicycle. Experienced guides will escort you to discover this fascinating area rich in ancient monuments and natural beauties.
Meet your guide a few meters away from the Colosseum, a perfect starting point for tourists discovering Rome. Head to the Appian Way, an ancient road that runs through the roman countryside and the park of the Appia Antica, and see first hand some of Rome's most important achievements.
Cycle past the Aurelian Walls and the Tomb of Cecilia Metella and reach the Aqueducts Park to admire a network of overhead channels bringing thousands of liters of water into ancient Rome every second.
Your visit will include stops at:
- Caracalla's Thermal Baths
- S. Sebastian's Gate and Aurelian Walls
- Ancient Appian Way
- S. Callisto Catacombs
- Circus of Maxentius
- Tomb of Cecilia Metella
- Ninfeum of Villa dei Quintili
- Aqueducts Park
- Ninfeum of Egeria
- Caffarella Park
- Quality trekking bike or mountain bike
- Tour leader
- Entrance fees
The tour starts at 10:30am, please be there 15 minutes before.
- 2-5 people: 92 USD per person
- 6-30 people: 80 USD per person
- Infant 0-4 years old: free bike seat
– Be sure to bring your ID.
– Free bike seat provided for infants aged 0-4 years.
– Lunch for infants 0-4 years: to be paid on the spot if needed (maximum EUR 15.00).
In case of cancellation 8 or more days before the start of the tour, cancellation is free. Between 7 and 3 days before the start of the tour there is a penalty of 50%. Thereafter, there will be no refund.
Visit Wheely website
Is this your listing? Log in to edit.