Total tour distance: 252 miles
Daily tour distance: 42 miles
Difficulty: 50 / 100
A fantastic bike tour though the idyllic, wine-making regions of La Rioja and Ribera del Duero in northern Spain. Experience a sublime cycling journey through rolling hills and medieval hilltop towns whilst sampling the best food and wines these regions have to offer. At Bike Spain Tours we offer a unique opportunity for you to see a tranquil and traditional side of Spain that most visitors do not see.
We start in one of Spain´s most notable wine-making regions, La Rioja, and bike through the dramatic valley of the Ebro river surrounded by rolling hills and sweeping vineyards. Staying in some of the top hotels in the region, we sample the best of La Rioja wine combined with exquisite, gourmet food.
Moving south towards Madrid into the Duero valley we visit some of Spain's most picturesque medieval towns whilst savouring the tastes of the more dramatic reds of Ribera del Duero. The climb to the stunning walled town of Pedraza is one you won't forget as well as the ride to Segovia passing under its ancient Roman aqueduct. This will truly be a memorable biking and wine journey!
- The dramatic scenery of the Rioja valley
- The discovery of the unknown region of Ribera del Duero
- The combination of Spain's top wines and exquisite gastronomy
- Visits to beautiful boutique wineries
- The medieval hilltop towns of Pedraza and Peñaranda
- A final-night stay in the leafy, museum district of Madrid city centre
- Accommodation in luxurious hotels and charming, authentic lodgings - we always chose the best of what is available in the region
- Meals: all breakfasts, 5 lunches and 5 dinners including wine
- Flamenco show in Madrid.
- Bikes: top quality SPECIALIZED SIRRUS touring bike - aluminium or carbon road bikes also available
- Bilingual and experienced Bike Spain Tours guide(s) to ensure a superior customer service
- Support vehicle to provide technical assistance, offer refreshments and snacks, give you a lift uphill at the end of the day and transport your luggage from one place to the other
- Detailed document with regional maps, a day-to-day itinerary plus hotel list and regional information
- Transportation from rendezvous to final drop-off
- Gratuities for baggage, restaurants and hotel service
- USB key with photos and video to take home as a memory
- Bike Spain Tours handle bar bag, water bottle,luggage tags and bike jersey
- Bike Spain Tours travel coordinator, available to assist with all of your pre and post-trip travel plans and arrangements
- Travel insurance with medical assistance
- Lunch on day 1
- Dinner on day 2
- Gratuities for Bike Spain Tours guide
- Extra nights
- Spa treatment on day 2
- Single supplement: 230 €
- Hybrid bike: INCLUDED Specialized SIRRUS
- Road Aluminium: +40 € Specialized SECTEUR
- Road Carbon: +90 € Specialized ROUBAIX
- E-Bike: +150 €
Visit Bike Spain Tours website
Is this your listing? Log in to edit.