Total tour distance: 171 miles
Daily tour distance: 43 miles
Difficulty: 50 / 100
From quiet, country cycle paths to stunning scenery and culinary delights, this RIOJA self-guided biking trip in the most well-known wine region of northern Spain is ideal for those who are passionate about wine and pedalling. Lying along the south of the Ebro river, the La Rioja valley boasts a lush, rolling landscape dotted with picturesque medieval villages, fine wineries and avant-garde architecture. It truly is a feast for the senses!
Starting out in the Basque area of La Rioja you will stay in the beautiful town of Laguardia perched peacefully above the sprawling vineyards of the famous tempranillo grapes. From here you will pedal your way east across the rolling valley of the Ebro river with plenty of opportunity to visit wineries, admire beautifully preserved Romanesque churches and stroll around charming medieval towns such as Briones and Ezcaray.
The Camino de Santiago (St. James Way in English), the world's oldest tourist trail, is the dividing line between the upper and lower Rioja regions so you will also get a glimpse of this famous pilgrim route with its numerous walkers and bikers.
Staying in some of the region´s most luxurious hotels and biking past many of its acclaimed wineries, this trip is the ideal introduction to one of Spain´s more undiscovered regions. Our self-guided biking itinerary allows you to enjoy things at your own pace and soak up your surroundings.
- Biking along peaceful, country roads through the vineyards
- The rolling hills and sweeping scenery of the Ebro river valley
- Impressive medieval hilltop villages - Laguardia and Briones
- Gothic and Romanesque architecture on the Camino de Santiago
- Avant-garde architecture and modern wineries
- World class Rioja wines combined with contemporary Spanish gastronomy
- Accommodation in deluxe 4* hotels
- Buffet breakfasts
- 3 gourmet dinners
- Daily luggage transfers between hotels from begining to the end
- Transfer at the end of the tour to Laguardia or Logroño
- Road book with maps
- Bike Spain Tours travel coordinator, available to assist with pre and post-trip travel plans
- 2 dinners
- Transportation to Laguardia (Alava). Ask for different options
- Single room supplement: 230.00€
- Hybrid bike hire: 130.00€
- Travel insurance 40.00€
- Single departure: 270.00€
- Hybrid bike: Specialized CROSSTRAIL
Visit Bike Spain Tours website
Is this your listing? Log in to edit.