Total tour distance: 116 miles
Daily tour distance: 23 miles
Difficulty: 30 / 100
This PortugalBike Tour begins in Fatima, the most sacred place in Portugal. This is the place where it is said that Our Lady appeared to three children while they were herding their sheep in 1917. Since then it is a world-known pilgrimage place that was visited several times by more than one Pope.
You will see several castles and an amazing Monastery. You will ride along the sea admiring the beautiful and well preserved long coast known by the Silver Coast, and you will ride along agrarian fields with different crops and different colours.
You will ride towards the most typical beach in Portugal. This is a place full of old traditions and today we can still see fishermen drying fish under the sun as they did in the past.
One of the highlights of this tour is the most-well preserved medieval town in Portugal. Originally a Roman village, it was taken from the Moors in 1148. Its castle is classified as a national monument and it is a perfect example of a medieval fortress. This is a “village-museum”, perfectly preserved and walled by its high walls which perpetuate its medieval character.
On the last day you will get to Peniche, a place of fishing traditions. You will ride towards Cape Carvoeiro admiring a beautiful scenery along the sea. Here the wind and the sea work together making the most interesting shapes on the rocks.
1. Visit the cave with gorgeous limestone formations
2. Peniche and Baleal Peninsulas
3. Astonishing rocks cut by the sea and the wind
4. Amazing bike paths along the lagoon
5. The most sacred town in Portugal
6. The castle and its high medieval walls
7. The most typical beach in Portugal
8. The tasty fresh fish of the Silver Coast
9. The most preserved medieval town in Portugal
10. The impressive 14th century Monastery
THIS PRICE INCLUDES: (self-guided version)
- 7-day Hybrid Bike Tour with a Guide (*)
- Transfers from and to Lisbon Airport
- Accommodations (6 nights): 4 four* Hotels (three modern Hotels, one charming medieval Hotel) 1 excellent three* Hotel, 1 B&B (former small palace). Double bedroom occupancy.
- 6 Breakfasts
- 3 nourishing and energetic picnics (*)
- 6 Dinners (including our famous wines, our amazing cheeses and lovely desserts) (*)
- Daily energy-bars and water (*)
- Luggage transport from Hotel to Hotel
- Documentation about PortugalBike Tour
- Liability Insurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Visit to the limestone caves (*)
- Techno-Mechanical Assistance (*)
- First-Aid assistance on location (*)
- Permanent Backup Vehicle (*)
(*) Not included in Self-Guided Tours