Total tour distance: 106 miles
Daily tour distance: 40 miles
Difficulty: 40 / 100
It's no secret that Colorado has outstanding cycling. But check out the hiking and rafting! The Glenwood Springs, Snowmass & Aspen Multi-sport tour gives you a taste of each.
- Handpicked accommodations showcasing the best of the region for 2 nights in Glenwood Springs and 3 nights in Snowmass (double occupancy)
- 5 breakfasts
- Custom meal recommendations for lunch and dinner, allowing you to explore local cuisine
- 2 passes to Glenwood Hot Springs
- The use of a GPS Garmin with downloaded routes (1 Garmin per 2 people)
- Detailed written daily route directions
- The use of a GoPro Hero4 Silver (1 GoPro per 2 people)
- Maps.Me app with downloaded routes on your mobile device
- Private in-person welcome orientation with our local representative
- Luggage transfers between hotels
- Emergency and technical support by our local representative at all times
1/2 day of rafting
- Free day to relax or choose your sport: hike, kayak, stand-up paddle board, and more!
- Skratch Labs hydration mix on each cycling day
- Complimentary At Your Pace – Freestyle Cycling Adventures water bottle and luggage tag
What’s Not Included
- Airfare or other transportation to and from the tour
- Lodging before or after the tour
- Meals, other than breakfast, allowing you to explore local cuisine
- Travel insurance & personal expenses
- Bike rental available. Giant Defy 3 road bike – From $180 USD per person or Giant Cypress DX comfort bike from $100 USD per person for the duration of the tour. Includes helmet, toolkits, and more! See Equipment page
All lodging includes private bath and a variety of other amenities. Hotels include:
- Glenwood Hot Springs Lodge
- Stonebridge Inn
Day 1 – Arrive in Glenwood Springs
Arrive in Glenwood Springs, home to the world’s largest hot springs! Long a destination for the health seeker, Glenwood Springs was originally inhabited by nomadic Ute Indian tribes. Your home for the next two nights is the Glenwood Hot Springs Lodge. Take time today to relax and stroll along the many shops and restaurants along Grand and Cooper Avenues between 8th and 11th Streets. Or, visit Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park. Ride the gondola and enjoy panoramic views of Glenwood Springs, the Roaring Fork Valley & Mount Sopris. There are plenty of adventures waiting for you when you arrive at the top! Meet your local representative for your welcome orientation for your bike fitting and GPS and daily routing overview.
Lodging: Glenwood Hot Springs Lodge
Day 2 – Paddle and pedal Glenwood Canyon – 16mi – 32mi (26km – 51km)
Enjoy Glenwood Canyon with two adventures. Take in stunning views as you raft the Colorado River on this 1/2 day guided raft tour. Then coast alongside the Colorado River and enjoy stunning views of Glenwood Canyon as you cruise along this popular recreation trail. A touch over 16 miles in length one-way, you can bike the entire path round-trip or choose to cycle smaller portions. Keep an eye out for wildlife, including bighorn sheep. Stop for a hike at Hanging Lake, a crystal-clear, turquoise blue lake that is a short, steep, but rewarding hike and accessible from the Glenwood Canyon bike path. Hanging Lake was just added to the roster of National Natural Landmarks. This evening, take a rejuvenating dip in the mineral-rich waters of the Glenwood Hot Springs, a must after a long day of cycling.
Breakfast included | Elevation:+970’/-579’| Maximum Grade: 8.8% | Average Grade: -0.2% | Lodging: Glenwood Hot Springs Lodge
Day 3 – Cycle Glenwood Springs to Snowmass – 43mi (69km)
Pedal your way along the Rio Grande Trail, old train tracks turned to paved bike path and part of the Rails-to-Trails Conservancy. Cross over Cattle Creek and pass several excellent wildlife viewing areas as you meander along the Roaring Fork. Pass the historic Satank Bridge, a throwback to Colorado’s earliest period of wagon bridge construction. Along the way, enjoy lunch at the Woody Creek Tavern, a favorite of gonzo-journalist Hunter S. Thompson. Cruise into Snowmass. Cradled in the Roaring Fork Valley and nestled among sparkling rivers, lush meadows and soaring alpine peaks is Snowmass Village. Long, sunny days, high mountain vistas, roaring streams, and fields boasting the most beautiful wildflowers will greet you when you arrive.
Breakfast included | Elevation:+3053’/-302’| Maximum Grade: 9.6% | Average Grade: 1.8% | Lodging: Stonebridge Inn, Crestwood Lodge & Condominiums or Westin Snowmass Resort
Day 4 – Snowmass/Aspen free day
Today is a free day to further explore the Aspen/Snowmass area by bike. If you prefer not to cycle, discover the hiking trails around Snowmass as the options are endless! From Snowmass Village, there’s over 50 miles of trails to explore. Additional adventures are available, including jeep trips, culinary adventures and Stand-up Paddle-boarding (SUP). Contact us to book.
Breakfast included | Lodging: Stonebridge Inn, Crestwood Lodge & Condominiums or Westin Snowmass Resort
Day 5 – Snowmass/Aspen local rides- 24mi – 40mi (39km – 64km)
A spectacular array of wilderness rides await you today. There’s something for every ability. Cruise into Aspen, a hotbed of trendy boutiques, art galleries and sumptuous culinary options. Cycle past scenic groves of aspen & spruce to the ghost town of Ashcroft, where prospectors came in search of silver. Pedal past pristine forests, lush meadows and glacial valleys as you discover the majesty of the picturesque Maroon Bells, two 14,000′ peaks capped with snow year-round. If you choose to ride Maroon Bells, plan to hike to Crater Lake. The crystal lake at the base of the Maroon Bells offers incredible views, so don’t forget your camera! You may choose to test your legs on the legendary and challenging Independence Pass (for experts only!) Your local representative will discuss each option with you during your welcome orientation.
Breakfast included | Lodging: Stonebridge Inn, Crestwood Lodge & Condominiums, or Westin Snowmass Resort
Day 6 – Departure
There’s time to squeeze in one last ride today before you say goodbye to your Glenwood Springs, Snowmass & Aspen Multi-sport adventure!
Breakfast included | Lodging: N/A
Want a taste of the Rockies? Contact 970-776-0181or email [email protected]
Visit At Your Pace - Freestyle Cycling Adventures website
Is this your listing? Log in to edit.