Total tour distance: 100 miles
Daily tour distance: 50 miles
Difficulty: 60 / 100
Located in beautiful Southwest Colorado, Durango is a refuge for the outdoor enthusiast. Dramatic landscapes offer diverse views, from the rugged peaks of the San Juan Mountains to the Sandstone bluffs of the Animas River Valley. The Durango Colorado Bike, Brews & Rail Self-guided Bike Tour offers up the best of the region. Ride a historic steam-powered train, experience an exhilarating downhill bike ride from Silverton, choose from an array of local rides, and tour Durango's best craft breweries.
Day 1 – Arrive in Durango
Nestled in the Animas River Valley & encircled by the San Juan Mountains is Durango, Colorado. You’ll love the old world charm of this historic mining town! Tonight, meet your local representative at 6pm for your private welcome orientation, bike fitting, and route overview.
Day 2 – Valley Loops – 15 – 45mi (24 – 72km)
We’re serving up a variety of cycling options for you today. Each one is guaranteed to provide killer views of rivers, lakes, canyons & desert valleys. Match that with terrain to satisfy every ability level and you’ve got a world-class cycling experience. Spin along winding roads and towering pines toward Baker’s Bridge, where Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid was filmed. Cruise through Durango’s backcountry, past pastures peppered with horses and descend into cool valleys. You may choose to test your stamina and bike the road to Purgatory (Ski Resort, that is)! Each ride option will be reviewed during your welcome orientation. This afternoon, visit Durango’s finest craft breweries!
Days 3 – Durango to Silverton & back – 38 – 50mi (61 – 80km)
Travel by coal-fired, steam-powered locomotive from Durango to Silverton on the historic Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad. Registered as a National Historic Landmark, the 1923-25 vintage locomotives are maintained in original condition. The train winds its way through breathtaking canyons and remote forests as it makes its way to Silverton. You’ll have time for a bite to eat and to sightsee before you meet your local rep, transfer to the top of Coal Bank Pass, and cycle back to Durango. For those who prefer not to cycle, there is transportation available back to Durango.
Days 4 – Depart Durango
There’s time this morning for one last ride or a final stroll through town before you depart your Durango Colorado Bike, Brews & Rail Self-guided Bike Tour.
- Lodging for 3 nights in Durango (double occupancy)
- 3 gourmet breakfasts
- Custom meal recommendations for lunch and dinner
- The use of a GPS Garmin with downloaded routes (1 Garmin per 2 people)
- The use of a GoPro Hero4 Silver (1 GoPro per 2 people)
- Maps.Me app with downloaded routes on your mobile device
- Detailed written daily route directions
- Private in-person welcome orientation with our local representative
- Emergency and technical support by our local representative at all times
- 2 days of cycling
- Train ride from Durango to Silverton on Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad, including bike transfer
- Transfer from Silverton to the top of Coalbank Pass
- Visit to Durango’s finest craft breweries
- Airfare or other transportation to and from the tour
- Lodging before or after the tour
- Meals, other than breakfast
- Travel insurance or personal expenses
- Beer at breweries. Pay as you go
- Bike rental available.
Your adventure awaits. Call Pamela at 970-776-0181 or email her: [email protected]
Visit At Your Pace - Freestyle Cycling Adventures website
Is this your listing? Log in to edit.