Total tour distance: 118 miles
Daily tour distance: 20 miles
Difficulty: 30 / 100
Day 1: arrival in LAKE Bled
Your chosen hotel is in the town centre. Bled is known for it’s beautiful setting, lake, castle on the rock above the lake and a pilgrimage church on the island.
We liked: the cream cake „Kremšnita“ – treat yourself on a sunny day on the terrace of Park Hotel.
TOUR A: BLED - SIGHTSEEING (15 km).
A leisurely day around Lake Bled for your first day. Cycle around the lake and up to the castle, then hire a rowing boat or be rowed out in style in a traditional Pletna boat, to the island church. For the best photos and views of the lake, castle and Karawanke range, head up to Osojnica.
TOUR B: BLED – BODEŠCE – KROPA – RADOVLJICA - BLED (34 km).
As the sunlight floods over Lake Bled, you'll be cycling 750 m up to the Jelovica High Plateau for a lovely view into the Triglav National Park. You can stop at Slovenia's foremost blacksmith town, Kropa and visit the iron forging museum. You can even learn how to make your own nail. After this it is heading off to the beautifully preserved old town of Radovljica with its interesting bee-keeping museum and even better - nice ice cream shop...
TOUR C: BLED – BEGUNJE – BLED (41 km).
Today you'll head out to the home of Slavko Avsenik, a legendary Slovenian Folk musician, in the sunny village of Begunje. Have lunch at his restaurant, Avsenik Gostilna. After lunch you can visit the museum of hostages and the ruins of Kamen Castle. In the afternoon you will pass Brezje Basilica, an important religious site and pilgrimage destination of many Slovene people.
TOUR D: BLED-GORJE (17 km).
Today's trip will take you to the beautiful Vintgar Gorge, carved 150m deep into the mountains by the Radovna River and ending with the Sum Waterfall. Then it's on to the less-visited Pokljuka Gorge, carved 10.000 years ago at the eastern edge of the plateau. Here you can leave your bike and take a stroll through ancient woods and a fossilized ravine left behind by the retreating glacier.
TOUR E: BLED-BOHINJ (47 km).
After a car transfer to the top of Pokljuka high plateau, you will cycle back down into the Bohinj Valley through alpine villages and past the unique Slovene hay racks until reaching Lake Bohinj, a true gem in the heart of this alpine valley. Cycle around the lake to Savica Waterfall, and then take the cable car up to Vogel Mountain for a spectacular view of shimmering alpine scenery.
TOUR F: BLED - KRMA VALLEY (37 km).
First you cycle through the Radovna valley, between two great plateaus to the foot of Mount Triglav. Here you can have lunch in the shadow of this mighty mountain before continuing on through a valley of peaceful forest littered with WW2 monuments and traditional farmhouses, one of which has been adapted into a museum that was even visited by Prince Charles.
Day 8: departure from Lake Bled.
Collection of tours suitable for all cyclists. One starting point allows daily decision on which tour is to be done.
DATES AND PRICES IN 2021
Individual self guided tour: any day between 20.3. and 12.10.2021
Price per person in a double room sharing:
Accommodation level Hotel 3* OR Hotel 4*
Low season: March 20 to May 8 and September 18 to October 12, 2021:
Hotel 3* 570 EUR
Hotel 4* 640 EUR
High season: May 9 to September 17, 2021:
Hotel 3* 635 EUR
Hotel 4* 710 EUR
- Accommodation in hotels of choice in two bedded room with WC and shower, on basis of bed & breakfast.
- Information package including text road notes (in simple English) and corresponding maps. One per booking, every additional set 20 EUR.
- Personal welcome meeting and bike handover upon arrival.
- Local tourist and other taxes.
- Backup service (hotline) during the trip.
- Single room supplement 120 EUR in 3* hotel, 150 EUR in 4* hotel .
- Bike rental 80 EUR classic touring / trekking bikes are equipped with 21 gears. One back, side pannier per bike. One cycling odometer, one lock, one spare inner tube, one set of Allen keys and a basic puncture repair set per couple / pair of bikes. Every additional day: 15 EUR per bike. Additional odometer 20 EUR, payable on spot. Bike rental period starts 9:00 day 2 of the tour and at 18:00 of day 7.
- Electric bike 210 EUR per week.
- Helmet rental 12 EUR per week.
Visit Cycling Slovenia website
Is this your listing? Log in to edit.