Total tour distance: 140 miles
Daily tour distance: 35 miles
Difficulty: 60 / 100
Starting in Sesimbra, you will enter one of the lushest areas south of Lisbon – the Natural Park of Arrabida. On one side of the park, you’ll admire beautiful Mediterranean landscape and at the other side, the gorgeous coast with accessible beaches where the fine sand and clear sea waters provide a strong contrast of unusual colours.
After crossing Sado river by boat you will cycle along a cork-tree forest and this is your first contact with these amazing trees that produce cork; Portugal is the major exporter in the world of this ecological and natural product. This forest offers us winding trails with dense vegetation that look like tunnels formed by these extremely beautiful trees. You will feel alone within Nature in a Mediterranean environment.
You will go on to SW Alentejo and Vicentine Coast Natural Park which extends itself along the Portuguese coast and is bordered by the Atlantic Ocean. This SW landscape is 300 million years old and it is one of the most preserved landscapes all over Europe; human intervention has been less visible throughout its history. Once submerged (about 2 million years ago), this is a vast area with many different coastal habitats and countless beaches and cliffs.
Your daily rides include going to the wonderful beaches of this Natural Park where you can refresh yourself in the clear water of the sea. Cliffs are steep, almost 100m high and right above the ocean. Countless rocks and isolated islets complete this beautiful and unique scenery.
The west coast boasts a diversity of rare botanical species, with very interesting flora and a variety of maritime birds that nest here.
1. The beautiful blue coast and the Natural Park of Arrabida Hill
2. The amazing single-tracks near the cliffs
3. The National Park of SW Alentejo and Vicentine Coast
4. The deep blue of the sky and the sea
5. The Mediterranean vegetation
6. Crossing Sado river by berry-boat
7. Vast fields of vegetable crops
8. Crossing a dense and long Cork Oak Forest
9. The most well-preserved coast all over Europe
10. The fishermen's trails and the cliffs
THE PRICE INCLUDES (only for Self-Guided tour version):
- 6-day Mountain Bike Tour with a Guide (*)
- Transfers from and to Lisbon Airport
- Accommodations (5 nights): 1 four* Hotel, 2 cosy three* Hotels, 2 B&B/Rural Tourism. Double bedroom occupancy.
- 5 Breakfasts
- 5 Dinners (including our famous wines, our amazing cheeses and lovely desserts) (*)
- Daily energy-bars and water (*)
- Luggage transport from Hotel to Hotel
- Documentation about PortugalBike Tour
- Liability Insurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Techno-Mechanical Assistance (*)
- First-Aid assistance on location (*)
- Permanent Backup Vehicle (*)
(*) Not included in Self-Guided Tours
As us the prices for Guided tour version.
Please contact us for more information. Thank you.
Visit PortugalBike website
Is this your listing? Log in to edit.