Total tour distance: 60 miles
Daily tour distance: 30 miles
Difficulty: 30 / 100
Sun soaked vineyards. Pastoral farmlands. Crisp mornings spent pedaling quiet roads and afternoons tasting award-winning wines. Drink in the beauty of Colorado and discover what locals have known for years. Colorado wine and cycling make the perfect pairing! Our Colorado Wine Country Self-guided Bike tour offers a blend of leisurely loops and jaw dropping scenery. Why wait? The flavor of the region is yours to discover!
- Handpicked accommodations for 2 nights in Grand Junction & 2 nights in Palisade (double occupancy)
- 4 breakfasts
- 1 private farm to table dinner, including wine pairings round-trip transportation
- 1 private tour, tasting & lunch at a local winery, including one drink of choice
- Custom meal recommendations for lunch and dinner, allowing you to explore local cuisine
- Private in-person welcome orientation with our local representative
- Luggage transfers between hotels
- The use of a GPS Garmin with downloaded routes (1 Garmin per 2 people)
- The use of a GoPro Hero4 Silver (1 GoPro per 2 people)
- Maps.Me app with downloaded routes on your mobile device
- Detailed written daily route directions
- Transfer between Palisade & Grand Junction at the end of your trip (if needed)
- Emergency and technical support by our local representative at all times
- Skratch Labs hydration mix
- Complimentary At Your Pace – Freestyle Cycling Adventures water bottle and luggage tag
What’s Not Included
- Airfare or other transportation to and from the tour
- Airport transfers
- Lodging before or after the tour
- Meals, other than breakfast, allowing you to explore local cuisine
- Travel insurance or personal expenses
- Bike rental. Road Bikes starting at $194 USD per person for the duration of the tour. Trek Domane or Trek Emonda, based on size needed. Hybrid Bikes starting at $138 USD per person for the duration of this tour. Includes helmet, pannier, toolkits, and more! See Equipment page
Accommodations: best lodging in each location. All lodging includes private bath Hotels include:
- Two Rivers Winery & Chateau
- Wine Country Inn
Day 1 – Arrive in Grand Junction
Welcome to the land of awe-inspiring beauty and dramatic landscapes! Today is your day to unwind and relax. Stroll through charming vineyards, soak in unbelievable views, or taste award-winning wines in the intimate setting of the winery tasting room. Meet your local representative for a bike fitting and to review routes and your GPS system.
Lodging: Two Rivers Winery & Chateau
Day 2 – Fruita Farmland Loop – 14mi – 61mi (23km – 98km)
Situated on the west side of the Grand Valley lies the small town of Fruita and home to excellent road cycling! Flat country roads and undulating hills make this day’s ride a cruiser’s dream. Cycle past rich checkerboard pastures and bountiful fields along the country roads of the Fruita Farms Alphabet Ride. Enjoy the pristine beauty of the distant vistas known as the Alphabet Ridge. You will have various distance options today, which will be reviewed with you by your local representative during your welcome orientation.
Breakfast included|Elevation: +242’/-243’| Maximum Grade: 3.7%| Average Grade: -0.1%|Lodging: Two Rivers Winery & Chateau
Day 3 – Grand Junction to Palisade – 18mi – 40mi (29km – 64km)
Indulge your appetite for supreme wines, incomparable cycling, and discover the true beauty of the region! Today you’ll pedal along the Riverfront Trail and into the heart of Colorado Wine Country. This area of the Grand Valley is known for beautiful farmlands, orchards heavy with peaches and award-winning Colorado wine. Cycle down quiet country roads as you meander past rows of trellised grape vines. Visit farm country produce stands at quaint, roadside markets, or stimulate your senses at one of the area lavender farms. Linger at one of the 30 local wineries. This evening, enjoy a private farm to table dining experience on a stunning 100-acre ranch, located along the riverfront. Your transportation to dinner will be via horse-drawn carriage, allowing you to enjoy the wine country from a different perspective. Once at the ranch, you’ll enjoy a 5-course tasting dinner, prepared by a classically trained chef. Your private table will be tucked away in a quiet corner of the ranch, with views of Mount Garfield & the Bookcliffs in the distance.
Breakfast, dinner included|Elevation: +840’/-627’| Maximum Grade: 8.3%| Average Grade: -0.2%|Lodging: Wine Country Inn
Optional ride: Cycle the Colorado National Monument, nicknamed “Tour of the Moon” due to its unique landscape. The Colorado National Monument was one of the most famous stages of the legendary Coors International Bicycle Classic and was featured in the Kevin Costner film American Flyers. Cycle past towering monoliths and vast plateaus and canyons. You’ll twist and turn as you ride along the red rock canyons of Rim Rock Drive. Breathtaking, spectacular and “super awesome” are just some of the adjectives that describe this challenging and classic ride. This ride is best suited to more experienced cyclists as you will climb 2600′. But, what goes up must come down, and it’s an exhilarating ride down from the top!
Elevation: +3137’/-3138’| Maximum Grade: 22.9%| Average Grade: -0.4%
Day 4 – Cycle Wine Country – Private lunch, winery tour and tasting – 5 – 40 mi (8km – 64km)
Continue your journey through Colorado Wine Country! Enjoy a private wine tasting, tour and lunch in the heart of the wine production facility, surrounded by wine barrels. Your private tour and tasting guide will describe each wine including taste profile, production notes, grape heritage, and food pairing suggestions. At certain times of the year, we may taste straight from the barrel, giving you the opportunity to taste younger wines that are still in the aging process. Optional excursions available, including a a river float, SUP (Stand-up Paddle Boarding) or hiking. Please contact us for information on booking optional excursions.
Breakfast included|Lodging: Wine Country Inn
Day 5 – Departure
You indulged your appetite for supreme wines, incomparable cycling, and discovered the true beauty of the region. It’s time to say farewell to your Colorado Wine Country bike adventure. You have the option today of taking one last ride back to Grand Junction. If needed, we can arrange a transfer.
Breakfast included|Lodging: N/A
Want to know more? Contact 970-776-0181. Or, send an email to email@example.com
Visit At Your Pace - Freestyle Cycling Adventures website
Is this your listing? Log in to edit.