Total tour distance: 120 miles
Daily tour distance: 25 miles
Difficulty: 40 / 100
Our Colorado National Monument Bike & Guided Hike offers the perfect blend of cycling and hiking among enchanting landscapes & awe-inspiring scenery!
- Handpicked accommodations for 2 nights in Grand Junction & 2 nights in Palisade (double occupancy)
- 4 breakfasts
- 1 sack lunch during hike
- 1 private farm to table dinner, including wine pairings & round-trip transportation
- 1 private tour, tasting & lunch at a local winery, including one drink of choice
- Custom meal recommendations for lunch and dinner, allowing you to explore local cuisine
- Private in-person welcome orientation with our local representative
- Emergency and technical support by our local representative at all times
- The use of a GPS Garmin with downloaded routes (1 Garmin per 2 people)
- Detailed written daily route directions
- The use of a GoPro Hero4 Silver (1 GoPro per 2 people)
- Maps.Me app with downloaded routes on your mobile device
- Luggage transfers between hotels
- 2 days of cycling through Colorado’s wine country
- 1 day of guided hiking in the Colorado National Monument
- Transfer from Palisade to Grand Junction at the end of your tour (if needed)
- Skratch Labs hydration mix
- Complimentary At Your Pace – Freestyle Cycling Adventures water bottle and luggage tag
What’s Not Included
- Airfare or other transportation to and from the tour
- Airport transfers
- Lodging before or after the tour
- Meals, other than breakfast, allowing you to explore local cuisine
- Travel insurance or personal expenses
- Bike rental. Road Bikes from $194 USD per person for the duration of the tour. Trek Domane or Trek Emonda, based on size needed. Hybrid Bikes from $138 USD per person for the duration of this tour. Includes helmet, pannier, toolkits, and more!
All lodging includes private bath & a variety of other amenities. Hotels include:
- Two Rivers Winery and Chateau
- Wine Country Inn
Day 1 – Arrive in Grand Junction
Welcome to the land of awe-inspiring beauty and dramatic landscapes! Today is your day to unwind, relax and enjoy unparalleled beauty! Meet your local representative for a bike fitting and to review routes and your GPS system.
Lodging: Two Rivers Winery & Chateau
Day 2 – Guided Hike – Wedding Canyon to Monument Canyon – 7mi (11km)
This little visited canyon offers fascinating geology and stunning scenery. This trail follows the canyon where John Otto married Beatrice Farnham in 1911, hence the name. Otto first saw the rugged redrock canyons of the Colorado National Monument in 1906. The following year he wrote, “I came here last year and found these canyons, and they feel like the heart of the world to me. I’m going to stay and build trails and promote this place, because it should be a national park.” Climb to the base of the iconic Independence Monument, the signature formation of the Colorado National Monument, have lunch, then descend back to the vehicle.
Breakfast/Lunch included|Lodging: Two Rivers Winery & Chateau
Day 3 – Grand Junction to Palisade – 18mi – 40mi (29km – 64km)
Indulge your appetite for supreme wines, incomparable cycling, and discover the true beauty of the region! Today you’ll pedal along the Riverfront Trail and into the heart of Colorado Wine Country. This area of the Grand Valley is known for beautiful farmlands, orchards heavy with peaches and award-winning Colorado wine. Cycle down quiet country roads as you meander past rows of trellised grape vines. Visit farm country produce stands at quaint, roadside markets, or stimulate your senses at one of the area lavender farms. Linger at one of the 30 local wineries. This evening, enjoy a private farm to table dining experience on a stunning 100-acre ranch, located along the riverfront. Your transportation to dinner will be via horse-drawn carriage, allowing you to enjoy the wine country from a different perspective. Once at the ranch, you’ll enjoy a 5-course tasting dinner, prepared by a classically trained chef. Your private table will be tucked away in a quiet corner of the ranch, with views of Mount Garfield & the Bookcliffs in the distance.
Breakfast, dinner included|Elevation: +840’/-627’| Maximum Grade: 8.3%| Average Grade: -0.2%|Lodging: Wine Country Inn
Optional ride: Cycle the Colorado National Monument, nicknamed “Tour of the Moon” due to its unique landscape. The Colorado National Monument was one of the most famous stages of the legendary Coors International Bicycle Classic and was featured in the Kevin Costner film American Flyers. Cycle past towering monoliths and vast plateaus and canyons. You’ll twist and turn as you ride along the red rock canyons of Rim Rock Drive. Breathtaking, spectacular and “super awesome” are just some of the adjectives that describe this challenging and classic ride. This ride is best suited to more experienced cyclists as you will climb 2600′. But, what goes up must come down, and it’s an exhilarating ride down from the top!
Elevation: +3137’/-3138’| Maximum Grade: 22.9%| Average Grade: -0.4%
Day 4 – Cycle Wine Country – Private lunch, winery tour and tasting – 5 – 40 mi (8km – 64km)
Continue your journey through Colorado Wine Country! Enjoy a private wine tasting, tour and lunch in the heart of the wine production facility, surrounded by wine barrels. Your private tour and tasting guide will describe each wine including taste profile, production notes, grape heritage, and food pairing suggestions. At certain times of the year, we may taste straight from the barrel, giving you the opportunity to taste younger wines that are still in the aging process. Optional excursions available, including a a river float, SUP (Stand-up Paddle Boarding) or hiking. Please contact us for information on booking optional excursions.
Breakfast included|Lodging: Wine Country Inn
Day 5 – Departure
You have the option today of riding back to Grand Junction this morning. If needed, we can arrange a transfer.
Breakfast included|Lodging: N/A
Looking for additional options? Contact 970-776-0181. Or, send an her an email: email@example.com
Visit At Your Pace - Freestyle Cycling Adventures website
Is this your listing? Log in to edit.