Total tour distance: 230 miles
Daily tour distance: 35 miles
Difficulty: 3 / 100
This tour offers the very best of what the Dordogne Valley has to offer.
We specialize in the Dordogne and Lot Valley's of south-west France. We believe that our advantage over tour operators is the fact that we live and operate in the region.
We've been operating these tours for very nearly twenty years. Our tours are our passion.
Freedom, flexibility and value for money is what we offer. In addition to our "regular" tours we can also offer customized tours to suit.
This particular tour starts in Gourdon, on the main Paris - Toulouse rail line.
You'll be met at your hotel for your "meet'n'greet", supplied with excellent equipment and have any questions you may have answered.
- The following morning you set off for spectacular Rocamadour. You have two nights in Rocamadour. You have the opportunity to explore Rocamadour as well as undertake a day ride that takes in Loubressac, Autoire, Carennac and the awe-inspiring Gouffre de Padirac amongst others.
- You then cycle from Rocamadour to La Roque Gageac, following the river valley, passing along the way Souillac, Chateau Fenelon and Domme. Once again you have two nights in La Roque Gageac. The day ride out of this beautiful village includes Sarlat, Beynac, Castelnaud and the beautiful gardens of Chateau Marquayssac along with many other beautiful locations. You'll be hoping that there's time to see them all!
- After leaving La Roque Gageac you head for Les Eyzies, nestled in the Vezere Valley. Along this route don't miss calling at the former home of Josephine Baker, Les Milandes. You spend a further two nights in Les Eyzies, giving you time to visit all that's on offer in this particular locality. There's Font du Gaume, Cap Blanc, Grand Roc, Roque St Christophe, and St Leon sur Vezere to mention but a few.
- It's then back to Gourdon, cycling through some remarkable countryside, calling at St Cyprien and Daglan along the way.
- After your last night in Gourdon, the following morning you'll be heading off after what we hope has been a wonderful experience.
Our Dordogne tour is structured whereby we have our clients staying two nights at each location. We believe that having only the one night at each hotel does not do the region justice. You don't have time to appreciate all that this wonderful area has to offer.
You'll be staying at hotels hand-picked by us. We've been using the same hotels for years, the hoteliers have become friends. They like us, want you to experience a vacation that will live in your memory for a long long time.
Picturesque villages, breath-taking landscapes, world famous cave-art, fabulous chateaux, fine cuisine, great cycling. The Dordogne offers all of this and more.