Total tour distance: 69 miles
Daily tour distance: 34 miles
Difficulty: 40 / 100
Known for pristine mountain skiing, the resorts of Breckenridge & Vail are also a cyclist's paradise. Enjoy impressive alpine landscapes & outstanding cycling on the Breckenridge & Vail Self-guided Bike tour!
- Handpicked accommodations for 2 nights in Breckenridge & 2 nights in Vail (double occupancy)
- 4 breakfasts
- Custom meal recommendations for lunch and dinner, allowing you to explore local cuisine
- The use of a GPS Garmin with downloaded routes (1 Garmin per 2 people)
- The use of a GoPro Hero4 Silver (1 GoPro per 2 people)
- Maps.Me app with downloaded routes on your mobile device
- Detailed written daily route directions
- Private in-person welcome orientation with our local representative
- Luggage transfers between hotels
- Emergency and technical support by our local representative at all times
- Skratch Labs hydration mix on each cycling day
- Complimentary At Your Pace – Freestyle Cycling Adventures water bottle and luggage tag
What’s Not Included
- Airfare or other transportation to and from the tour
- Airport transfers
- Lodging before or after the tour
- Meals, other than breakfast, allowing you to explore local cuisine
- Travel insurance or personal expenses
- Bike rental. Specialized Secteur Sport Triple – From $128USD per person. Electronic bikes available on this tour. Please contact us for availability & pricing.
Bike rental includes helmet, handlebar bag, toolkits, and more! See Equipment page
Day 1 – Arrive in Breckenridge
Nestled high in the Colorado Rocky Mountains, Breckenridge is home to world-class fun and rich, colorful history. Located at 9600’, Breckenridge is the oldest and largest town in Summit County, Colorado. The Pikes Peak Gold Rush brought miners and gold diggers to the area. Gold was discovered in 1859 along the Blue River and a base camp, now known as Breckenridge, was established. Tonight, meet your local representative at your hotel for your private welcome orientation, bike fitting, and route overview.
Lodging: Beaver Run Resort
Day 2 – Summit Loop – 18mi – 41mi (29km – 66km)
Numerous cycling options kick-start your Breckenridge & Vail self-guided cycling vacation. Cruise around the pristine shorelines of Lake Dillon, surrounded by the grandeur of the Rocky Mountains. Or, cycle from Breckenridge to Keystone over Swan Mountain Road. Paved bike paths and spectacular scenery make this a cyclist’s dream. Your local representative will review each cycling option during your welcome orientation.
Breakfast included|Lodging: Beaver Run Resort
Days 3 – Breckenridge to Vail – 38mi (61km)
Prepare for an outstanding ride experience as you cycle along the only Colorado mountain pass with a paved bike path the entire distance. This spectacular ride will take you along the path from Breckenridge to Frisco and through Ten Mile Canyon, through wooded areas and past beaver ponds to the ski resort of Copper Mountain. From Copper Mountain, you’ll gently climb your way through high alpine valleys and tundra to the top of Vail Pass. Make sure your camera is handy, as you will want to photograph outstanding views from the summit. It’s an exhilarating downhill ride from the top of the pass to your hotel in Vail.
Breakfast included|Elevation:+1954’/-3465’|Maximum Grade: 6.5%|Average Grade: -0.4%|Lodging: Tivoli Lodge
Day 4 – Cycle Vail
You have several options for riding today, including pedaling past Beaver Creek Ski Resort to the town of Edwards. Your local representative will discuss these options with you. If you prefer not to ride, there are optional excursions available, including a zip line adventure or a guided llama hike. Contact us to book optional add-ons.
Breakfast included|Lodging: Tivoli Lodge
Day 5 – Depart
Hit the road for one last ride! You can choose to cycle back to Breckenridge via Vail Pass and add another notch to your cycling belt by taking on Hoosier Pass. If you prefer not to ride, we can arrange a transfer for you back to Breckenridge for a small supplement. Please contact us for information on booking your transfer back to Breckenridge.
Breakfast included|Lodging: N/A
Ready to enjoy a Rocky Mountain High? Contact Pamela at 970-776-0181. Or, send an email to [email protected]
Visit At Your Pace - Freestyle Cycling Adventures website
Is this your listing? Log in to edit.