Get away from the crowds and explore the authentic Spanish wine regions of La Mancha and Andalusia, cycling southwards from the historic walled town of Toledo to the vineyards and beaches of Andalusia, stopping along the way in the finest rural wineries.
This bicycle tour covers the best vineyards of Southern Spain, starting off in La Mancha, home of Don Quijote and one of the world’s biggest yet relatively unknown wine regions. Nowadays, several wineries – one of which we will visit - start to stand out. We’ll continue our trip to two purely Andalusian wine regions, surrounded by mountains, beaches, flamenco, bulls and horses. Southern Europe meets the Mediterranean and the Atlantic in an abundantly rich cultural melting pot. The trip ends in Jerez, where you could either travel to Tarifa to cross into Morocco or on to Seville and Granada to continue your trip in Andalusia.
During our biking journey we stay in outstanding accommodation - four-star hotels in the bigger cities and smaller, charming hotels in picturesque Andalusian villages - and we sample the finest of traditional Andalusian cuisine with excellent wines.
Our Bike Spain Tours minibus will transport you for half of the journey to arrive at the starting points of each one of the biking stages. We’ll ride the most interesting parts of our journey and for those looking forward to a bit more of a challenge, each day’s stages may be lengthened or shortened (depending on the group’s bicycling skills).
- Discover two of Spain's less well-known wine regions, La Mancha and Andalusia
- Stay in rural estates and bodegas, tucked away in the scenic Spanish countryside
- Find out all you've ever wanted to know about wine and sherry preparation
- Follow the green trails ("Vias Verdes") of ancient railways to get away from it all
- Take a well-deserved break on the beach after cycling through Jerez' vineyards
- Traditional Andalusian nights of flamenco music and sangria
- Accommodation in charming and authentic lodgings from 3 to 5* quality - we always seek out the best of what is available in the region
- Meals: all breakfasts, 5 lunches and 3 dinners including wine
- Bikes: state of the art SPECIALIZED SIRRUS touring bike - aluminium or carbon road bikes also available, see below in bikes section
- Bilingual and experienced Bike Spain Tours guide(s) to ensure a superior customer service
- Support vehicle to provide technical assistance, offer refreshments and snacks, give you a lift uphill at the end of the day and transport your luggage from one place to the other
- Winery visits and olive oil tastings
- Detailed document with regional maps, a day-to-day itinerary plus hotel list and regional information
- Transportation from rendezvous to final drop-off
- Gratuities for baggage, restaurants and hotel service
- USB key with photos and video to take home as a memory
- Bike Spain Tours handle bar bag, water bottle,luggage tags and bike jersey
- Bike Spain Tours travel coordinator, available to assist with all of your pre and post-trip travel plans and arrangements
- Travel insurance with medical assistance
- Dinner on day 4 and 6
- Gratuities for Bike Spain Tours guide
- Single supplement: €340
- Extra nights: Ask for price
- Arab baths
- Show of traditional Spanish horses in Jerez
- SUPPORTED TOUR MINIMUM GROUP 4 PERSONS
Please NOTE: Although this tour has been designed for a week’s worth of travel, it can easily be expanded to include towns and areas around Seville and Málaga. If your group would like to explore Andalusia in more depth, please contact us: we’d be delighted to specially design a tour that introduces you to the region’s historical and cultural treasures.
- Hybrid bike: INCLUDED Specialized SIRRUS
- Road Aluminium: +40 € Specialized SECTEUR
- Road Carbon: +90 € Specialized ROUBAIX
- E-Bike: +150 €
Visit Bike Spain Tours website
Is this your listing? Log in to edit.