Storing your bike at home and on your car can be a challenge. At home, you want it secure, but out of the way. On your car, you want it very secure and easy to mount and remove.
Let’s start with home storage:
How and where to store your bike at home can sometimes feel like a challenge, especially if you’ve ever lived in an apartment, you know that every bit of space is precious; striking a fine balance between arranging all your things and giving yourself room to breathe is almost an art.
Bringing your bike into your home can complicate storage; it’s not exactly a compact object. Pushing it into any available nook or cranny is the easiest approach, but there are better ways to make sure you’re not constantly tripping over crank arms and tires.
A solid indoor bike rack can help you free up space and consolidate. Wall racks are simpler than you might expect, relying on gravity and tension to hold the weight of one or more bikes up steadily. Racks vary in terms of bike orientation, weight limit, and attachment methods, so you can choose exactly what works for you, your bike, and your walls. And don’t worry; you won’t necessarily have to drill any unsightly holes either!
Bicycle Storage at Home – Wall Racks
Known for a budget-friendly selection of simple and functional storage racks, Delta is a go-to when looking for something affordable and non-intrusive. Enter the Michelangelo Rugged Gravity Rack – who wouldn’t want a stand with a name like that?!
The Gravity Rack is an entirely no-screw choice that you can easily lean against your wall at a slight angle. Supported by the wall, the rack has a carrying limit of 100 pounds, enough to hold two bikes. Quick to assemble and coming in at less than twenty pounds itself, the Gravity Rack is perfect if you have empty wall space; the bikes will lay against their hooks horizontally, one above the other. Adjustable arms make it easy to fit any sized bike.
Don’t be fooled by the simplicity of the design; the rack is proportioned to spread balance evenly, allowing it to hold five times its own weight without attachments. Rubber caps are included to save your walls from smudging.
Topeak’s Dual Touch Bike Stand holds up to four bikes horizontally, relying on a floor to ceiling base rod that locks into place with a foot pedal. Once the rack’s central pole is firm and flat against both floor and ceiling, the actual hooks are quick to attach; it helps to use a level to make sure the hooks are not lopsided. Making sure the main rod fits snugly against the ceiling might take some adjusting, but once you pass that hurtle, the rack is held in place by tension and the built in lock.
The Dual Touch comes with two hook attachments, while additional ones are sold separately. You also have the option of adding a Handlebar Stabilizer to your order to keep your handlebars from swiveling. No drilling means no drama; the rack comes with straightforward assembly instructions and an extendable tube to make sure it fits the dimensions of your space.
Built with aesthetic, simplicity, and eco-conscious production in mind, Grassracks’ Wall Rack sports a one of a kind design that hides a surprising amount of strength. Built for one bike weighing up to sixty pounds, the hook system comes in a choice of birch or bamboo, both light colored with a natural wood grain pattern.
Simple installation, an interchangeable cradle, and built in padding make this rack a choice of display as much as one of functionality. The shelf situated just behind the hooks is a nifty little spot for essentials like your keys or small bike tools. Undoubtedly stylish, this wall rack is anything but an eyesore that does as good a job lighting up the room as it does supporting your ride.
Bicycle Car Racks: Rooftop, Hitch, Trunk
Once you have your indoor bike storage covered, it’s time to consider how you’re going to get your bike to all the trailheads you’ve always dreamed of riding. You could, of course, remove a wheel and cram your bike into the back of your car, but why risk dings and dents when you could keep it both secure and intact?
Bike racks made for cars usually come in three varieties; trunk racks, which attach right at the back of your car, roof racks, which keep your bike upright above you, and hitch racks, which extend slightly outwards from the rear of your car and are a great option if you plan to drive with multiple bikes.
Bicycle Trunk Mounts
Well known as a premier rack manufacturer, Thule features a diverse selection of bike to vehicle mounting systems made to get you out on the road safely, securely, and as soon as possible. The OutWay Platform 2 raises your bike to the level of your rear windshield, leaving your plates and lights in plain sight.
The mounting system for this rack incorporates steel cables to hold your bike tight, easy to digest assembly instructions, wheel straps, and locks that can lock your bike to the rack, and the rack to the car itself. When your bikes are off the rack, you’ll be able to open your trunk without taking the entire rack off, saving you time in the long run. The OutWay has a carrying capacity of sixty six pounds, or two bikes.
Special additions include an adapter that protects carbon frames, and a one-key system that allows you to replace lock cylinders on all the Thule products you own. Make sure you consult their Buyer’s Guide before your purchase to find out if your vehicle is compatible with the rack!
Tried and true, the Bones Bones Two-Bike Rack by Saris follows classic principles conceived by Saris designer Fabio Pedrini. Featuring a distinct arc, the United States-made rack fits vehicles with spoilers and incorporates rubber feet to protect your car from scratches.
The Bones’ limbs are rust-proof and resistant to average wear. If you love the look and feef of this particular Saris product but are looking for more carrying capacity and a wider range of compatible vehicles, check out the company’s Three Bike and Two Bike EX versions.
When it comes to hitch racks, the HoldUp Two Bike Rack model by Yakima is a sturdy option that still falls within a reasonable budget. With a maximum capacity of sixty pounds, wheel straps, and a tilt down design, the HoldUp keeps things smooth; you can even adjust how much room there is between the bikes to avoid them scraping or bumping against each other while your attention is on the road.
The HoldUp +2 Bike Rack Extension is sold separately to allow you to take up to four bikes along for the drive. Locks by SKS are included to fasten the bikes to the rack. Stability, full control, and a a steadfast reputation make the HoldUp one of the most popular hitch systems on the market.
SeaSucker’s Talon One Bike-Rack is an innovative rack system that stands out among its competitors. Made for a single bike, the Talon One operates via a vacuum mounting system that is as easy to remove as it is to place on the roof of your car.
Built in vacuum pumps use suction to attach to any glass or metal surface; this works as a trunk rack as well as a roof rack. The product comes with a front and rear mount; the former holds your bike’s fork, while the latter holds the rear wheel. This rack requires a worthwhile bit of learning about vacuum pumps; a Lube Tube is included to keep the vacuum pads in tip top shape (Try wetting your vacuum ad a bit before use for optimal performance).
The highway- approved TalonOne is the most popular SeaSucker bike rack and is highly portable, seeing as it consists of only a few removable parts. Still confused about exactly what parts make the SeaSucker work so well? Check out this product video to find out more.
The slightly pricier Mini Bomber Rack by SeaSucker fits two 45 pound bikes and, similarly to its one-bike sibling, can attach to either the trunk, rear windshield, or roof of your car. Four vacuum mounts attach to a malleable body that bends to fit the shape of your vehicle. Don’t be fooled by the easy assembly; an upgrade from the Talon One, the Mini Bomber packs a punch.
With easy installation, sleek design, and a steady hold, the perfect rack is the one you barely notice. Having your bike on or against your wall means you can just grab it and go without shuffling through your entire apartment and back.
It might be hard to believe that such a minimal mechanism can hold up a steel bike, let alone two, but once you put your trust in your favorite rack, it’ll be as essential as any piece of furniture.
The same goes for your car rack; nothing beats knowing your bike is securely strapped to the back of your car and ready to hit the road with you as you head towards the next adventure. The right rack allows your bike to become a part of your indoor and outdoor life, conveniently unhindered.
Bestselling Bike Racks
SaleBestseller No. 1 CyclingDeal 6 Bikes Bicycles Floor Type Parking Rack Stand - for Mountain MTB and Road Bike Indoor Garage Storage
- STABLE: We have redesigned our value bike floor rack. The unique 2 holding plates both with tire grooves are at optimized holding angle. This fantastic feature ensures bikes vertically held in the bike stands. Please insert your bikes in different directions in order to fit 6 bikes in the stand. For example: One front wheel, the second one back wheel. Or please reverse one or more the bike holder(s), so the bikes could be inserted from both sides if there is large space.
- STRONG: The stand is made of quality steel. Also powder coated black finish is for long lasting. It is recommended to be used indoor only. The front and back plates holding system prevents the up holder (supporting the wheels) getting wider at the top. The wide holder will affect the bike holding stability.
- EASY TO USE: The bike stand holders are all linked together, so the stand is heavier and more solid than single bike stand. Please watch our detailed instruction video in the listing.
- COMPATIBILITY: The rack is designed for all wheel size bikes from the range of 12" to 20" kids bikes, 20" to 24" BMX bikes, 26" to 29" MTB and 700c road bikes. Max tire width: 2.5". Limitations: 12" to 20" kids bikes only sit in the front holder, so please insert the back into the hold. Disc rotor could touch the bike rack although it would not bend. Bike hubs may touch the bike stand holders too.
- ORDER NOW, WORRY FREE! We're so confident about our product quality that we can provide 5-year warranty!
Bestseller No. 2 HORUSDY Bike Storage Rack, 6 Bike Racks and 6 Helmets Hooks, Wall Mounted Bike Storage Rack, Max capacity 600lbs
- Professional bicycle storage system, 4 tracks and 12 hooks can be freely matched to display or hang your bike.
- The super long guide rail with a length of 64 inches can be combined, and the special hook can accommodate 6 bicycles and 6 safety helmets. Effectively save space and keep your garage tidy and clean.
- The hook can be buckled on the railing, move freely, and provide customizability to meet all your needs. It can accommodate up to 6 bicycles, suitable for hanging road bicycles, folding bicycles, mountain bicycles, adult bicycles, children's bicycles, hybrid bicycles, etc.
- Use as individual 16 inch storage unit or combine for up to 64 inch storage length.All you need is an electric drill and a level to make sure it’s lined up perfectly while mounting on the wall studs.
- The heavy steel structure provides a safe load of up to 600 pounds, The rubber coated sleeve prevents the tool from scratching or sliding.
SaleBestseller No. 3 Allen Sports Deluxe 2-Bike Trunk Mount Rack, Model 102DN-R, Black
- Patented design fits sedans, hatchbacks, minivans, and SUV's consult manufacturer web site for specific vehicle fit information.Comes fully assembled set up and installs in seconds 12 inch long carry arms easily accommodate a wide range of bicycle styles and 115 inch wide carry arms for greater bike compatibilityShips in certified frustration free packaging 70 pounds max capacityFolds fully flat for easy storage.Allen's warranty does not cover items purchased through third-party sellersImportant, please consult manufacturer web page for specific vehicle fit.Target gender : unisex.
- Side straps for increased lateral stability. Single configuration design eliminates setup hassles and headaches during installation
- Individual tie downs secure and protect bicycles
- Padded lower frame keeps bicycles away from vehicle
- Comes fully assembled set up and installs in seconds 12 inch long carry arms easily accommodate a wide range of bicycle styles and 115 inch wide carry arms for greater bike compatibility
SaleBestseller No. 4 Simple Houseware 5 Bike Bicycle Floor Parking Adjustable Storage Stand, Silver
- Stable floor rack for holding up to 5 bicycles, good for 12'' to 26'' bikes
- Easy to assemble and adjustable (from 1 to 5 compartments).
- Fine Powder Coated Steel resist in all weather condition
- Dimension: 70''L x 14.75''W x 14''H. 12''L for each compartment
- The width of wheel holder could stretch from 2.5'' to 3.5'' and is able to hold road bike, MTB, beach cruiser
SaleBestseller No. 5 Ventura Economical Bolt-On Bicycle Carrier Rack, Adjustable Fit for 26"/28"/700c, Steel , Black
- [SOME BICYCLES WILL REQUIRE ADDITIONAL HARDWARE] For assistance with hardware or installation: call us at 1-877-BIKEAID (245-3243)
- [ADJUSTABLE] fits 26 IN. or 28 IN. bicycle tires, and features a fitting set to fit MOST BUT NOT ALL bike types
- [TOOLS REQUIRED] 3mm Hex Wrench is included for easy assembly, 8mm wrench or pliers are required but not included to tighten the lock nuts completely.
- [SPECIFICATIONS] lightweight, steel rack mounts to the back of your bicycle to help transport bags, panniers, cargo baskets and more at a 22 lb. or 10kg weight limit - a reflector bracket and spring flap are also included!
- [INSTALLATION] An updated assembly guide is available, please see product photos at the bottom of this listing page!
SaleBestseller No. 6 Delta Cycle Michelangelo 2 Bike Storage Rack - Gravity Fully Adjustable Bike Rack Garage For Road, MTB, and Hybrid Bicycles - Vertical Bike Rack Holds Up To 80 lbs
- Leave it to Gravity: Delta Cycle’s Michelangelo Two Bike Gravity Stand safely suspends your bicycles with no permanent mounting or drilling required. Our innovative wall-lean design can securely hold up to 80 lbs (40 lbs per bike). 84” x 26” x 16”.
- Fully Adjustable Space Saver: The rack’s super small footprint saves space by storing your bikes vertically. Ideal for an apartment, home, or garage. Adjustable arms are built to accommodate any bike style up to 40 lbs.
- Stylish, Durable Finish: This rack is elegantly designed with steel construction and a durable powder-coated finish to complement any interior or garage space. Durable rubber feet keep this free-standing bike rack securely in place.
- Quick Assembly: Easily assemble the rack in minutes with only a screwdriver.
- The Brand You Trust. The Accessories You Need: For more than 30 years, Delta has been the brand you can trust with US-based design and engineering. Our small, concentrated product line reflects the careful thought.
Bestseller No. 7 Wallmaster Bike Rack Garage Wall Mount Bicycles 2-Pack Storage System Vertical Bike Hook for Indoor
- ◆EASY TO INSTALL & SPACE SAVER→ With 4 screws, you can mount the bike rack securely to the wall. Please find the correct height placement before you get started. Free up valuable space in your garage.
- ◆ANTI-SCRATCH RUBBER HOOK → Rubber-coated hooks prevent bikes from being scratched or slipping.
- ◆HEAVY DUTY → The maximum hanging weight up to 50lb. Strong enough for most kinds of bikes, like mountain bikes, road bikes, adults bikes and kids bikes etc.
- ◆SAFETY SYSTEM→ Fixed hook design can prevent accidental release.
- ◆SPECIFICATION → Quantity: 2 Pieces; Material: Solid Steel; Rim Size: 3.3 inch; Color: Black
SaleBestseller No. 8 HAVEDAWN Bike Rack Garage Wall Mount, Swivel Bike Rack, Swing 90 Degrees, Vertical Bike Hanger Hook for Indoor, Bicycle Storage Rack, Space Saving Bike Holder (2 Pack)
- 【Swivel Design】Swinging 90 degrees to the left is a space-efficient storage function for wall-mounted bike racks. Its ability to allow your bike to be stored flat against the wall is crucial, especially for people maneuvering around tight garages or sheds.
- 【Enlarged Hook】The hooks for this bike rack have been enlarged to 4.3 inches, wide enough to accommodate even mountain bike tires. And don't worry about narrow tires not working! They will hang on just as tightly.
- 【Anti Scratch Rubber Hook】The metal hook is covered with thick rubber, which makes your bike wheel free from scratches. Simultaneously, the rubber increases friction preventing accidental falls.
- 【Heavy Duty】The bicycle storage racks made from heavy-duty solid steel are able to hang weights up to 50lb. Whether you have a mountain, beach, cruiser, hybrid, race, fender, oversize, aero, eBike, or standard road bike, the bike hanger can suit your needs.
- 【Simple Installation】Bike Hook Simply installed, no assembly required. Just 3 Steps: - drill hole, place studs, tighten screws.
Bestseller No. 9 RAD Cycle Mighty Rack Two Bike Floor Stand Bicycle Instant Versitile Pro Quality Bike Park
- ►HEAVY DUTY - Tubular steel construction makes this two bike rack one of the sturdiest bike racks on the market
- ►EASE OF USE - Quickly store 2 bikes with ease. No clamps, no brackets, no lifing. Just roll the bike into the rack and walk away
- ►VERSATILE - Bikes Can Be Stored In The Same Or Alternate Directions
- ►SIMPLICITY - So simple even children can use it without assistance. It doesn't get any easier than this.
- ►DURABLE FINISH - The gloss black powdercoated finish will protect your rack from the elements for years.
SaleBestseller No. 10 Ultrawall Stainless Steel Bike Storage Rack,6 Bike Storage Hanger Wall Mount for Home & Garage Holds Up to 300lbs, Black
- 🚴♂️LARGE CAPACITY—Garage wall mount bike rack garage could accommodate up to 6 bicycles (recommend hanging 4 bicycles) and hold up to 300 lbs.
- 🚴♂️CUSTOMIZE BIKE STORAGE—Space attachments to 48" long steel rail to customize spacing to fit your needs
- 🚴♂️SAFETY—The sturdy safety hook design could ensure that your bike wall mount stable and will not release accidentally,perfect choice for your garage storage.
- 🚴♂️EASY TO INSTALL—The bike storage rack is easy to attach and move around on the rail with 5mm drill. Heavy duty mounting hardware (16*Screw, 16*Expansion tube). Hardware with the kit for wood stud ,drywall,create or brick wall.(Bikes not included)
- 🚴♂️SUPER MATERIAL FOR DURABILITY—Powder-coated steel for durability-resists of rusting, chipping and cracking. Rubber-coated sleeves are scratch-resistant. Steel construction epoxy finish.