Storing your bike at home and on your car can be a challenge. At home, you want it secure, but out of the way. On your car, you want it very secure and easy to mount and remove.
Let’s start with home storage:
How and where to store your bike at home can sometimes feel like a challenge, especially if you’ve ever lived in an apartment, you know that every bit of space is precious; striking a fine balance between arranging all your things and giving yourself room to breathe is almost an art.
Bringing your bike into your home can complicate storage; it’s not exactly a compact object. Pushing it into any available nook or cranny is the easiest approach, but there are better ways to make sure you’re not constantly tripping over crank arms and tires.
A solid indoor bike rack can help you free up space and consolidate. Wall racks are simpler than you might expect, relying on gravity and tension to hold the weight of one or more bikes up steadily. Racks vary in terms of bike orientation, weight limit, and attachment methods, so you can choose exactly what works for you, your bike, and your walls. And don’t worry; you won’t necessarily have to drill any unsightly holes either!
Bicycle Storage at Home – Wall Racks
Known for a budget-friendly selection of simple and functional storage racks, Delta is a go-to when looking for something affordable and non-intrusive. Enter the Michelangelo Rugged Gravity Rack – who wouldn’t want a stand with a name like that?!
The Gravity Rack is an entirely no-screw choice that you can easily lean against your wall at a slight angle. Supported by the wall, the rack has a carrying limit of 100 pounds, enough to hold two bikes. Quick to assemble and coming in at less than twenty pounds itself, the Gravity Rack is perfect if you have empty wall space; the bikes will lay against their hooks horizontally, one above the other. Adjustable arms make it easy to fit any sized bike.
Don’t be fooled by the simplicity of the design; the rack is proportioned to spread balance evenly, allowing it to hold five times its own weight without attachments. Rubber caps are included to save your walls from smudging.
Topeak’s Dual Touch Bike Stand holds up to four bikes horizontally, relying on a floor to ceiling base rod that locks into place with a foot pedal. Once the rack’s central pole is firm and flat against both floor and ceiling, the actual hooks are quick to attach; it helps to use a level to make sure the hooks are not lopsided. Making sure the main rod fits snugly against the ceiling might take some adjusting, but once you pass that hurtle, the rack is held in place by tension and the built in lock.
The Dual Touch comes with two hook attachments, while additional ones are sold separately. You also have the option of adding a Handlebar Stabilizer to your order to keep your handlebars from swiveling. No drilling means no drama; the rack comes with straightforward assembly instructions and an extendable tube to make sure it fits the dimensions of your space.
Built with aesthetic, simplicity, and eco-conscious production in mind, Grassracks’ Wall Rack sports a one of a kind design that hides a surprising amount of strength. Built for one bike weighing up to sixty pounds, the hook system comes in a choice of birch or bamboo, both light colored with a natural wood grain pattern.
Simple installation, an interchangeable cradle, and built in padding make this rack a choice of display as much as one of functionality. The shelf situated just behind the hooks is a nifty little spot for essentials like your keys or small bike tools. Undoubtedly stylish, this wall rack is anything but an eyesore that does as good a job lighting up the room as it does supporting your ride.
Bicycle Car Racks: Rooftop, Hitch, Trunk
Once you have your indoor bike storage covered, it’s time to consider how you’re going to get your bike to all the trailheads you’ve always dreamed of riding. You could, of course, remove a wheel and cram your bike into the back of your car, but why risk dings and dents when you could keep it both secure and intact?
Bike racks made for cars usually come in three varieties; trunk racks, which attach right at the back of your car, roof racks, which keep your bike upright above you, and hitch racks, which extend slightly outwards from the rear of your car and are a great option if you plan to drive with multiple bikes.
Bicycle Trunk Mounts
Well known as a premier rack manufacturer, Thule features a diverse selection of bike to vehicle mounting systems made to get you out on the road safely, securely, and as soon as possible. The OutWay Platform 2 raises your bike to the level of your rear windshield, leaving your plates and lights in plain sight.
The mounting system for this rack incorporates steel cables to hold your bike tight, easy to digest assembly instructions, wheel straps, and locks that can lock your bike to the rack, and the rack to the car itself. When your bikes are off the rack, you’ll be able to open your trunk without taking the entire rack off, saving you time in the long run. The OutWay has a carrying capacity of sixty six pounds, or two bikes.
Special additions include an adapter that protects carbon frames, and a one-key system that allows you to replace lock cylinders on all the Thule products you own. Make sure you consult their Buyer’s Guide before your purchase to find out if your vehicle is compatible with the rack!
Tried and true, the Bones Bones Two-Bike Rack by Saris follows classic principles conceived by Saris designer Fabio Pedrini. Featuring a distinct arc, the United States-made rack fits vehicles with spoilers and incorporates rubber feet to protect your car from scratches.
The Bones’ limbs are rust-proof and resistant to average wear. If you love the look and feef of this particular Saris product but are looking for more carrying capacity and a wider range of compatible vehicles, check out the company’s Three Bike and Two Bike EX versions.
When it comes to hitch racks, the HoldUp Two Bike Rack model by Yakima is a sturdy option that still falls within a reasonable budget. With a maximum capacity of sixty pounds, wheel straps, and a tilt down design, the HoldUp keeps things smooth; you can even adjust how much room there is between the bikes to avoid them scraping or bumping against each other while your attention is on the road.
The HoldUp +2 Bike Rack Extension is sold separately to allow you to take up to four bikes along for the drive. Locks by SKS are included to fasten the bikes to the rack. Stability, full control, and a a steadfast reputation make the HoldUp one of the most popular hitch systems on the market.
SeaSucker’s Talon One Bike-Rack is an innovative rack system that stands out among its competitors. Made for a single bike, the Talon One operates via a vacuum mounting system that is as easy to remove as it is to place on the roof of your car.
Built in vacuum pumps use suction to attach to any glass or metal surface; this works as a trunk rack as well as a roof rack. The product comes with a front and rear mount; the former holds your bike’s fork, while the latter holds the rear wheel. This rack requires a worthwhile bit of learning about vacuum pumps; a Lube Tube is included to keep the vacuum pads in tip top shape (Try wetting your vacuum ad a bit before use for optimal performance).
The highway- approved TalonOne is the most popular SeaSucker bike rack and is highly portable, seeing as it consists of only a few removable parts. Still confused about exactly what parts make the SeaSucker work so well? Check out this product video to find out more.
The slightly pricier Mini Bomber Rack by SeaSucker fits two 45 pound bikes and, similarly to its one-bike sibling, can attach to either the trunk, rear windshield, or roof of your car. Four vacuum mounts attach to a malleable body that bends to fit the shape of your vehicle. Don’t be fooled by the easy assembly; an upgrade from the Talon One, the Mini Bomber packs a punch.
With easy installation, sleek design, and a steady hold, the perfect rack is the one you barely notice. Having your bike on or against your wall means you can just grab it and go without shuffling through your entire apartment and back.
It might be hard to believe that such a minimal mechanism can hold up a steel bike, let alone two, but once you put your trust in your favorite rack, it’ll be as essential as any piece of furniture.
The same goes for your car rack; nothing beats knowing your bike is securely strapped to the back of your car and ready to hit the road with you as you head towards the next adventure. The right rack allows your bike to become a part of your indoor and outdoor life, conveniently unhindered.
Bestselling Bike Racks
SaleBestseller No. 1
RAD Cycle Mighty Rack Two Bike Floor Stand Bicycle Instant Versitile Pro Quality Bike Park
- ►HEAVY DUTY - Tubular steel construction makes this two bike rack one of the sturdiest bike racks on the market
- ►EASE OF USE - Quickly store 2 bikes with ease. No clamps, no brackets, no lifing. Just roll the bike into the rack and walk away
- ►VERSATILE - Bikes Can Be Stored In The Same Or Alternate Directions
- ►SIMPLICITY - So simple even children can use it without assistance. It doesn't get any easier than this.
- ►DURABLE FINISH - The gloss black powdercoated finish will protect your rack from the elements for years.
Bestseller No. 2
HORUSDY Bike Storage Rack, 6 Bike Racks and 6 Helmets Hooks, Wall Mounted Bike Storage Rack, Max capacity 600lbs
- Professional bicycle storage system, 4 tracks and 12 hooks can be freely matched to display or hang your bike.
- The super long guide rail with a length of 64 inches can be combined, and the special hook can accommodate 6 bicycles and 6 safety helmets. Effectively save space and keep your garage tidy and clean.
- The hook can be buckled on the railing, move freely, and provide customizability to meet all your needs. It can accommodate up to 6 bicycles, suitable for hanging road bicycles, folding bicycles, mountain bicycles, adult bicycles, children's bicycles, hybrid bicycles, etc.
- Use as individual 16 inch storage unit or combine for up to 64 inch storage length.All you need is an electric drill and a level to make sure it’s lined up perfectly while mounting on the wall studs.
- The heavy steel structure provides a safe load of up to 600 pounds, The rubber coated sleeve prevents the tool from scratching or sliding.
SaleBestseller No. 3
MaxxHaul 50027 Hitch Mount Bike Rack Platform Style 2-Bike Rack for Cars Trucks SUVs Minivans with Hitch Tightener
- Includes two foam-padded hooks to secure and stabilize bikes to the rack without scratching bike's finish. Hooks and tire cradles adjust to fit most bikes frames with 20" to 26" wheel sizes
- Vertical post can be quickly removed for compact storage
- Bike tire cradles can be adjusted along horizontal bars using quick knobs for convenience and includes rubber straps for added stability
- Fits Class III and IV standard 2" hitch receivers. 75 lbs. maximum distributed weight capacity or up to 40 lbs. per bike. Perfect for your cars, trucks, SUVs, minivans and more
- Comes with hitch tightened / anti-rattle hitch stabilizer to reduce rattling and hitch play
SaleBestseller No. 4
SimpleHouseware 5 Bike Bicycle Floor Parking Adjustable Storage Stand, Silver
- Stable floor rack for holding up to 5 bicycles, good for 12'' to 26'' bikes
- Easy to assemble and adjustable (from 1 to 5 compartments).
- Fine Powder Coated Steel resist in all weather condition
- Dimension: 70''L x 14.75''W x 14''H. 12''L for each compartment
- The width of wheel holder could stretch from 2.5'' to 3.5'' and is able to hold road bike, MTB, beach cruiser
SaleBestseller No. 5
MaxxHaul 50025 Hitch Mount 2 Bike Rack For Cars, Trucks, SUV's, Minivans - 100 lb. Capacity
- Improved durable hitch adapter to fit standard 1-1/4" and 2" hitch receivers.100 lb - Maximum capacity is 50 lbs per bikeNOTE : The pad color may slightly differ
- Can be used on Class I, II, III and IV hitches
- Securely transport 2 bikes with improved bike cradles and buckle type straps
- Built-in locking knob keep main upright sturdy to reduce wobble during transport
- 100 lb - Maximum capacity is 50 lbs per bike
SaleBestseller No. 6
BestEquip 10 Holders Floor Bike Rack, 59" Length All-Steel Grid Bike Rack, 10-Bike Capacity Dual-Side Storage Stand for Garages Streets Yards Bike Events
- Steel Tube Frame: This floor bike rack is made of premium powder-coated galvanized steel tube, resistant to scratch, wear, corrosion and rusk. High hardness, not easily bent.
- 10 Bike Holders: The bike storage rack has a large hold capacity with up to 9 bikes at the same time. The stand can hold bikes and avoid tilting. Save space and keep neat.
- Extraordinary Stability: The rack itself has a proper weight and a special base designed to ensure stability. No need to lean against a wall, not easily fall off. Keep a good balance.
- Simple Installation: All the accessories (screws and nuts) are coming in the package. It is easy to install and disassemble this bike stand floor. Convenient to move and carry.
- Wide Application: This stand is suitable for outside occasions, and also garages, front yards, backyards, bike events, store fronts, or for any workplace.
Bestseller No. 7
Hromee Bike Floor Parking 1-6 Rack Adjustable Bicycle Storage Organizer Stand for Garage, Silver
- 1-6 RACKS – Our bike parking rack holds up to 6 bicycles. It is assembled by one piece of rack so you can free assemble from 1 to 6 racks. When you only have 3 bikes, you could assemble 3 racks while you only need to add one more rack when buying a new only. Besides, order a new one and connect with the old one, you can get 10 rack at most.
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE & STORE – All the accessories (screws and nuts) and an instruction are coming in the package. One adult can assemble 6 racks in minutes with the instruction. The bike can be placed in different directions to use your space wisely.
- SAFE & CONVENIENT – You do not need to reply the wall to support your bicycle. The stand can hold it and avoid tilting and protect bikes from being damaged or scratching from other stuffs or the wall. As for a small business, have the bike rack and use signage to direct bicyclists to the area you designate for bike parking is convenient and build a good corporate image.
- STABLE – The tubes of Hromee bike stand are made of thick steel and the coating, anti-rust, providing the ability of resisting all bad weather so set it up outside or in a garage or basement to park a family of bikes are all available.
- DIMENSIONS - Six bike stand Overall Dimension: 63.2“L x 11.2"W x 9.5"H Net Weight: 16.6 lbs. Tire Rack Width: 2”. Our bike rack fits for all standard child, BMX, road and mountain bikes. The width of rack for wheels is 2 inches so please measure your wheel. If you have any size questions, please feel free to contact us.
SaleBestseller No. 8
Standing Bike Rack by Delta Cycle - Tool-Free Adjustable Bike Floor Stand for Mountain, Fat Tire, Road Bikes, Freestanding Bike Stand for Garage Parking
- Leave it to Gravity: Delta Cycle’s Four Bike Free-Standing Rack with Basket safely suspends your bicycles vertically with no permanent mounting or drilling required. Our innovative wall-lean design can securely hold up to 4 bikes, or 160 lbs total. The integrated basket holds up to 15 lbs of gear. 86” x 24” x 24”.
- Fully Adjustable: Padded support arms are fully adjustable to accommodate any bike size or style up to 40 lbs (160 lbs for 4 bikes). Non-slip rubber-coated arms and feet protect your bike and floors.
- Stylish, Durable Finish: This rack is elegantly designed to look good in any home, apartment, office, or condo environment. Its durable rubber feet keep the rack securely in place.
- Quick Assembly: Easily assemble the rack in minutes with only a screwdriver.
- The Brand You Trust. The Accessories You Need: For more than 30 years, Delta has been the brand you can trust with US-based design and engineering. Our small, concentrated product line reflects the careful thought and dedication invested into each and every product we create.
SaleBestseller No. 9
DIRZA Bike Wall Mount Bike Hanger 2 Pack Foldable Bicycle Storage Horizontal Bike Rack Bike Hook for Garage Indoor Shed with Screws
- FREE UP FLOOR SPACE:The horizontal wall mount bike rack is designed to save space.It keeps bike up off floor and free up garage floor space.Perfect for garage,home,indoor,shed.Please mount on stud or cement wall.
- FOLDABLE ARM:The bike hanger features a foldable arm.When the bike hanger not in use,it can be fold to save space.
- ANTI SCRATCH RUBBER:You don't have to worry the scratches,since the bike hook covers with soft rubber to prevent scratches.
- STURDY:The Bike holder weights 3 lbs and with the WEIGHT LIMIT:38 pounds.This bike hanger fits most of the bike like mountain bikes,road bikes,children bikes etc.
- EASY TO INSTALL:Comes with hardware and instruction.The bike wall mount rack is very easy to install.
Bestseller No. 10
Delta Cycle Michelangelo 2 Bike Storage Rack - Gravity Wall Bike Rack - Fully Adjustable Bike Rack Garage for Road, MTB, and Hybrid Bicycles - Vertical Bike Rack Holds Up to 80 lbs
- Leave it to Gravity: Delta Cycle’s Michelangelo Two Bike Gravity Stand safely suspends your bicycles with no permanent mounting or drilling required. Our innovative wall-lean design can securely hold up to 80 lbs (40 lbs per bike). 84” x 26” x 16”.
- Fully Adjustable Space Saver: The rack’s super small footprint saves space by storing your bikes vertically. Ideal for an apartment, home, or garage. Adjustable arms are built to accommodate any bike style up to 40 lbs.
- Stylish, Durable Finish: This rack is elegantly designed with steel construction and a durable powder-coated finish to complement any interior or garage space. Durable rubber feet keep this free-standing bike rack securely in place.
- Quick Assembly: Easily assemble the rack in minutes with only a screwdriver.
- The Brand You Trust. The Accessories You Need: For more than 30 years, Delta has been the brand you can trust with US-based design and engineering. Our small, concentrated product line reflects the careful thought.